Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painting Cost

Options
  • 04-10-2017 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi

Looking for a guide cost to paint internal of a newly renovated and plastered house. 1850 sq feet bungalow, with high ceilings. All walls, wooden doors, skirting, etc. House is in Wicklow.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭delfagio

Looking for a guide cost to paint internal of a newly renovated and plastered house. 1850 sq feet bungalow, with high ceilings. All walls, wooden doors, skirting, etc. House is in Wicklow.

I had quotes of 2500-3000euro to internally paint new build 2500sq ft house in Louth. That was only walls and ceilings, so I'd say you could be talking ball park of the same as your house size is smaller but your also painting doors, skirting and architraves

Hope this helps as a guide

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Got 2 quotes back for around that amount. Thanks for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭FiOT

In my opinion... Do it yourself!

That's 3000e in just labour you could have in your pocket for something else.

Myself and my dad painted our 2650sqft new build, walls, ceilings and skirting and architrave. Took some time but I just couldn't pay the money and nobody cares as much as your what the finish will look like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

FiOT wrote: »
    In my opinion... Do it yourself!

That's 3000e in just labour you could have in your pocket for something else.

Myself and my dad painted our 2650sqft new build, walls, ceilings and skirting and architrave. Took some time but I just couldn't pay the money and nobody cares as much as your what the finish will look like.

Thought about that, but I'm self employed and have a new born baby so time isn't something I have much of. I don't mind paying it, once it was within reason.

Just got quoted (in southeast Dublin) €3800 cash for internal painting of a 145sqm house with all new plastering, skirting, architraves, stairs and 13 new primed doors. The paint will cost c. €1000 more on top, apparently.

Seems very, very pricey. I had budgeted €2000. Would the €3800 quote be the going rate for a good painter in this area?

• Advertisement
Advertisement