Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complete noob looking for advice

Options
  • 04-10-2017 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

Got an xbox 1 for my sons birthday and spent half the day setting it up. It came with Forza car racing game that I also set up. All working fine until today when the game won't work and xbox appears to make me want to join some kind of Gold membership to keep playing the game. Am I doing something wrong? Do you need a subscription as well as paying for the game?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭MissMayo

You will need Xbox Gold to play any game online. You also get a few free games a month with it. The game should be playable offline without the subscription though.

If you plan to get it just be aware that it is much cheaper to buy online than from Microsoft through the console. I think there is a thread on here where people discuss deals on it.

Edit: Found the thread!

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2055846688/100/#post104628512

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭donalh087

How come it worked for a few weeks but now needs a subscription?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

donalh087 wrote: »

Free 14 day Gold subscription with the game I would guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

donalh087 wrote: »

just for clarification - did the game come with the console - as in, included in the box? or did he download the game?

either way, when I get home, I'll PM you a code for some free xbox live that I got with my own console that I never used. It'll get you out of a hole for a week or two anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭donalh087

That's very kind Stone Deaf.

I bought an xbox 1 and there was a free game with it. You could choose between 3 or 4 games. My son picked Forza. I downloaded it and put in a 25 digit code. Worked fine until yesterday. I have the box but suspect the instructions were binned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Advertisement