Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lanzarote Marathon/Half/10k/5k

• 03-10-2017 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭

Run in the sun.:)

Lanzarote Marathon/Half/10k/5k takes place on the 9th of December.
    An ever popular event with the Irish(112 Irish signed up so far).
    Anyone looking for info on where to stay/drink/site see give me a shout.

Race info below....

http://lanzaroteinternationalmarathon.com/welcome/

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Ultraman100

Run in the sun.:)

Lanzarote Marathon/Half/10k/5k takes place on the 9th of December.
    An ever popular event with the Irish(112 Irish signed up so far).
    Anyone looking for info on where to stay/drink/site see give me a shout.

Race info below....

http://lanzaroteinternationalmarathon.com/welcome/

is there anywher handy to rent a decent road bike in tegiuse..serious question for a sunday spin of IM course

• Registered Users Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

is there anywher handy to rent a decent road bike in tegiuse..serious question for a sunday spin of IM course

IM course?
    I assume it's "Costa Teguise" not the old capital "Teguise" you will be based?
    Never hired a bike out of Costa Teguise but there seems to be some decent spots to hire there. I now a hombre with a villa around there and he is into the old biking lark. I'll give him a shout and get back to you.

113 Irish and counting......

IM course?
    I assume it's "Costa Teguise" not the old capital "Teguise" you will be based?
    Never hired a bike out of Costa Teguise but there seems to be some decent spots to hire there. I now a hombre with a villa around there and he is into the old biking lark. I'll give him a shout and get back to you.

113 Irish and counting......

As promised.

http://www.evolution-bikes.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭overthebridge

I had planned on doing the full but injury has dictated otherwise so it's just the half for me.
    Has anyone got a garmin trace of the course ?

I had planned on doing the full but injury has dictated otherwise so it's just the half for me.
    Has anyone got a garmin trace of the course ?

Here's a Strava link. The HM is from the turning point back...

https://www.strava.com/activities/798510574

• Advertisement

Thanks for that. It looks fast enough until Arrecife. We'll have a hop off it anyway.

Thanks for that. It looks fast enough until Arrecife. We'll have a hop off it anyway.

Yes it's flat enough really. The wind is the biggest factor, especially for the Half.
    The prevailing winds come from a NE(ish) direction and the course is fairly exposed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Second half of it is definitely tougher than the first half but it's well organised, looking forward to doing it again

Does anyone know if they have pacers ? I can't see any mention of pacers on the website.
    If the wind is up at all it might be handy to tuck in behind a few bodies.

Does anyone know if they have pacers ? I can't see any mention of pacers on the website.
    If the wind is up at all it might be handy to tuck in behind a few bodies.
    No mention on the site but the photo below is from last year and there seems to be pacers....

YAptkfjWMRbos8Im4YlKuYGiVMGInk-YT6lwsFbwbOHKyCkL0ReivfauzCAKjtZg5g6qwYpWC82CNZbnB0liDzwuYr78pqXN7E8jkXJOkF5nEKhoVkVTgpZRifM2XqiVsAfI9tpSF5F_ASxah9y1GWJ6XIWBtOQ1poosbc8GSfLaMljCXlIKIQ4PmucrzbZphfOi5lF8j3fpj3tjuaRoE1dyvgFV-hBuYSnrwbNvmtD7ymQv2A-X4kULSCyTtlDoarYCnh0RVVuUnnR_L2A2tKywmMKy9u9WQlaCiu-Ypim3jRmya6xfBr-FFG6-ZQsLvXZ4uE7GSFTVHqJ-zsOX7-mDUNqlXB908C0lb3wA8dOrxDnlzIXaIr2KXB7OrBZMKRorCc2JigPHSVSEaK22FXRi4N-Js1V1VCoXVt85Rom2AsUhYcgGFntwH0Bj9U5j36R4aCTmVE00ntLXnf90UpNhCVjNjr8CtstXME7oDGay-qV8VwMqg6KXoXUQlj06z6hoRtdq1GtZXWXk923h4Keg07E4FeY1CxyNw2Vq1aYUBPPMSCWw1mnBn_90YR1Udk_jhdLzVe6YRZYe_2PIfikwyIHEeYVj6Qo5BFri7N9JIwgWfZEKpioQKHj6A5_leC1HHSutEfTGS8VW4dANcjLapUh77z2ldQw=w1280-h865-no

• Advertisement

Good spot!
    I'll send the FB page a message and see what they come back with.

Edit : Got a quick reply
    Hi There,

Yes, we have pacemakers for marathon and half marathon distances. The times are:

- 42km: 3:15h, 3:30h, 3:45h, 4h
    - 21km: 1:30h, 1:40h, 1:50h, 2h

Kind regards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Last year I saw myself catching the 1.50 pacer only to realise when I got up near him that he was injured! They did have a 2.15 pacer last year wonder if they are doing away with that this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

Out of interest what is the weather down there like in December ?

I might struggle to convince the Mrs about a half down there, but if I can suggest there is a bit of sun also available, it could make the conversation all the easier.

MisterDrak wrote: »

I might struggle to convince the Mrs about a half down there, but if I can suggest there is a bit of sun also available, it could make the conversation all the easier.

Good. Normally like a good summers day here. Just a bit breezy.

Been there a few times around that time of year and it hasn't disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

MisterDrak wrote: »

Gary O'Hanlon won the full last year. In his interview he said it got very warm in the later miles.

I was there in January a few years ago, and at that time temperatures were around 20 or so during the day. I'm hoping to run that half eventually.

Bit the bullet and signed up for the Full. It's an awfully long way to travel for a half marathon.

Anyone else on the Sub 4 train ?

There goes my chances of a win. Gary O'Hanlon has just entered.

203 Paddy's traveling so far......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Last year I was in Lanzarote when this was on and I said if I was bag again i'd do one of the distances. Probably the half.

We're staying in puerto del carmen. How do the logistics work for this. Where can you pick up the race number? If you start the half at Los Picollos do you bag drop there and they bring it to Costa Teguise? I'd be happy to taxi back to Puerto del carmen after.

Found the FAQ - https://sites.google.com/sandsbeach.eu/lanzarotemarathoneng/f-a-q

Looks like they drop the bags to the end then. Only hassle for me would be to get to the expo in Costa Teguise to collect.

Woden wrote: »
    Found the FAQ - https://sites.google.com/sandsbeach.eu/lanzarotemarathoneng/f-a-q

Looks like they drop the bags to the end then. Only hassle for me would be to get to the expo in Costa Teguise to collect.

Hi Woden. When are you flying out?

• Advertisement

I'm London based flying out on 6th for an extended family short break. I had a google last night and there are buses from PDC to Costa Teguise so might do a day trip on the Friday for the expo or rent a bike and amble up. Just signed up for the half and will take it as a long run. Not covered that distance since May at this rate.

Woden wrote: »
    I'm London based flying out on 6th for an extended family short break. I had a google last night and there are buses from PDC to Costa Teguise so might do a day trip on the Friday for the expo or rent a bike and amble up. Just signed up for the half and will take it as a long run. Not covered that distance since May at this rate.

Ah right. Thought you might be on the same flight as myself and could have offered you a lift.
    I've a car hired and will be going straight from the airport to CT to pick up the number and then on to P. Del Carmen. If you need me to pick up your number send me a PM.

There goes my chances of a win. Gary O'Hanlon has just entered.

203 Paddy's traveling so far......
    u were only on for 2nd anyway as im doin it :)

u were only on for 2nd anyway as im doin it :)

Antonio on the passport is it?:)
    Heard they are very strict with the ID's on number collection. Just saying....

Antonio on the passport is it?:)
    Heard they are very strict with the ID's on number collection. Just saying....

im sure they know who i am :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

Signed up for the Lanza Marathon yesterday, being run on Sunday December 5th, after being cancelled in 2020.

Follows a mostly costal route out and back from Teguise to turn at the end of Puerto del Carmen and back.

Should be nice to run in the sun in December :)

Anyone else doing it ? I see from years past that there was a large Irish contingent ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

I’d be tempted, might have a look at the flights. I did this in 2019, great weekend. It’s a tough one with the heat and a headwind on the return to Teguise, but we had a blinding good weekend over there. Enjoy

Advertisement