Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music App Voice Control

Options
  • 03-10-2017 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭

Looking for bit of advice, I've been using Spotify as my music app of choice (free for long time but have recently gone premium) mainly chose it just because it was the best known, however there is some functionality that I'm not happy about and that is voice control.

So if using Spotify in my car (in car holder) I can easily enough click into it and click search, however typing in teh name of a band is a bit more phone interaction than I prefer when driving. The keyboard I'm using is swiftkey which has a voice input method if you hold the comma key, this works in a variety of apps but for some reason not Spotify. I am aware you can from homescreen OK Google and say "Spotify Killers" for example but I don't find it works that well, and not sure if skipping tracks and that works.

I've nothing in particular holding me to Spotify so is there other music apps with better voice control options the only other apps I'm aware of are Deezer and Google Music, I'm sure there are others but is anyone aware of any with good voice control options.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭DopeTech

cruizer101 wrote: »
    Looking for bit of advice, I've been using Spotify as my music app of choice (free for long time but have recently gone premium) mainly chose it just because it was the best known, however there is some functionality that I'm not happy about and that is voice control.

So if using Spotify in my car (in car holder) I can easily enough click into it and click search, however typing in teh name of a band is a bit more phone interaction than I prefer when driving. The keyboard I'm using is swiftkey which has a voice input method if you hold the comma key, this works in a variety of apps but for some reason not Spotify. I am aware you can from homescreen OK Google and say "Spotify Killers" for example but I don't find it works that well, and not sure if skipping tracks and that works.

I've nothing in particular holding me to Spotify so is there other music apps with better voice control options the only other apps I'm aware of are Deezer and Google Music, I'm sure there are others but is anyone aware of any with good voice control options.

Thanks

Have you tried it with Android Auto?

Advertisement