Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kinect adapter xbox one s

Options
  • 03-10-2017 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭

anyone know where i can pick up a kinect adapter cheap or second hand - i upgraded from xbox one last week and had forgotten that that the S needs it. I hate having to pay MS for something that was free for limited time only...

the younger kids still use it for kinect games so at some stage i may just have to pay up...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I think I read about someone here getting one for free from MS in the last few weeks. Might be worth a try.

I'm going to need one too when the X arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭ablelocks

theteal wrote: »
    I think I read about someone here getting one for free from MS in the last few weeks. Might be worth a try.

I'm going to need one too when the X arrives.

yeah, I saw that, but looks like a mistake by MS - another person tried and didn't succeed in the BA forum.

Someone else mentioned in that thread that they were told the adapter was going to be bundled with the X.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

ablelocks wrote: »

Someone else mentioned in that thread that they were told the adapter was going to be bundled with the X.

Yeah Xbox support told me that this morning, doesn't mention it in the box contents on any retailer listing though so we'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

The Kinect Adaptor will not be getting bundled with the 'X'.

From Aaron Greenberg at MS, the free Kinect Adaptor offer for the Xbox One S ran for the last year and is over. He doesn't explicitly say that they won't have a similar program for free adaptors at the launch of X.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭ablelocks

just found out that the kinect adaptor isn't being manufactured or sold anymore

if there's anyone who has and not using it please pm me...

thanks
    able

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

thanks
    able

You can pick one up on adverts.ie for about 50 euro

Just be sure which one you want (presumably it's the one for the xbox one)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

thanks
    able

If you're desperate, you can make one yourself.

Advertisement