Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Climate change lands at the airport

Options
  • 02-10-2017 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭

An article in the New York Times examines the impact of climate change on airports and runways - proximity to rivers, coastline, increases in temperatures etc. Not an issue for Cork airport I suspect, (they got the runway lengths wrong, the climatic location on a hill wrong, in an area with the worst micro-climate in Cork county.... but it is unlikely to suffer from climate change. Shannon may have a water proximity issue, I don't know. I am unaware of any rivers etc around Dublin airport. The Mediterranean airports - eg Nice and Barcelona will probably have to take measures to protect the airport from rising sea levels. Norway has lots of river related problems at many of its airports. No doubt there are others......

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/30/business/airports-climate-change-global-warming.html?mcubz=1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭A319er

We can get the Dutch to make dykes given they are at sea level or even below !!

Advertisement