Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations Furniture Shops/ Websites

Options
  • 02-10-2017 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭

I'm buying a new home and looking for recommendations for places to check out to pick up things like coffee tables etc. besides Ikea.

We're on a budget and are hoping to find some interesting items rather than the classic Harvey Norman type of product (they're also not cheap!)

Even DIY resources would be welcome, we don't mind getting a bit creative.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 batata31

Hi,

Did you try any of these online furniture:
    made
    Woo design (bit pricey)
    Zinzan
    Also there's a chain called soestrene grene, they have bits and bobs but some of the stuff can be quite nice and very affordable (side tables, mirrors, etc)

HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

batata31 wrote: »
    Hi,

Did you try any of these online furniture:
    made
    Woo design (bit pricey)
    Zinzan
    Also there's a chain called soestrene grene, they have bits and bobs but some of the stuff can be quite nice and very affordable (side tables, mirrors, etc)

HTH

I've had a look at Woo designs and Made - will check out Zinzan.
    Really like Soestrene Grene too.

Just read that West Elm is coming to Arnotts soon, I don't know how big their range will be though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 batata31

That's good to know! I've had the chance to visit West elm shop in London and they have really nice stuff and a great selection, it's not overly priced too. Best of luck :)
    GingerLily wrote: »
    I've had a look at Woo designs and Made - will check out Zinzan.
    Really like Soestrene Grene too.

Just read that West Elm is coming to Arnotts soon, I don't know how big their range will be though.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Artdeco30

Might be a bit mainstream for you but EZ Living can have the odd nice thing - we got a lovely mid-century style coffee table and a tv stand in the same look.

IKEA have some classic stuff like the Ekenaset armchair.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭metricspaces

It would be good to have a sticky thread with all these resources (both online and real shops in Ireland). Lots of people must be looking for the same things (furniture, blinds, curtains, flooring etc) and want something other than IKEA\EZ Living\Harvey Norman etc.

There are articles in the Independent where they reference suppliers. Like this article here https://www.independent.ie/life/home-garden/interiors/rethink-reuse-and-recycle-36243543.html mentions these suppliers: kylelane.ie, homestreethome.ie, shanehollanddesign.com, smithersofstamford.com, cuckooland.com, limelace.co.uk

The website for Room to Improve lists suppliers also e.g. https://cocotelevision.ie/roomtoimprove/10/malahide

• Advertisement
Advertisement