Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EGlobalcentral

Options
  • 02-10-2017 2:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi,
    Has anybody ordered mobile phones of this crowd in the past ? If so what was your experience like ? Did you order from the uk site or the eu ? Im thinking adapter wise......... Did you have to pay custom duty ? Their prices seem very cheap for new phones........ Im thinking all that glitters aint gold !

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Zeno of Cithium

sugarman wrote: »
    Used them before for a camera, arrived quick enough. They ship from China regardless of which site you order off. The catch is you might get stung for customs. I didn't. But its always a risk. They mark the box as a low priced item to try avoid inspection.

As far as I know, it's just VAT and a handling fee you're charger anyway, DUTY doesn't apply to electrical items as far as I know.

So weigh up your options and see if it's worthwhile ordering. Sometimes it's worth it, as in, worse case scenario, even being caught you're either paying less or at least the same you'd be paying here ..and if you don't, happy days, you get a bargain.

I'd assume you'd get a Chinese adapter too, which would be useless. So another thing to take into consideration there, especially if the phone makes used of a special own branded fast charger.

Thanks for taking the time. Appreciate the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Got an LG G6 off the EU site a few months ago - prices were cheaper on the EU site vs UK

Quick shipping, posted from France via chronopost so no customs issues - UK plug with phone but can't remember to be honest if that was something I had to select or request

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

It would appear that recent orders coming from Hong Kong have been disappearing/turned back by customs in France. I ordered a phone 3 weeks ago, last tracking update is 2 weeks ago indicating it was scanned in France. I have been emailing eglobal but they haven't been able to tell me where my package is or anything helpful at all really. I've opened a paypal dispute now. Seems like a lot of others are affected too, discussion about it here. They have a warehouse in UK/Europe where some stuff ships from which arrives very quickly no problem so I guess if you order you could get lucky. A friend of mine ordered an LG G6 a couple of months ago and had his phone within 10 days. At the end of the day they have the best prices going so I think it's worth a shot, just make sure to use paypal when paying so you can open a dispute if anything goes wrong in delivery like mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭the-ging

Hi,
    Has anybody ordered mobile phones of this crowd in the past ? If so what was your experience like ? Did you order from the uk site or the eu ? Im thinking adapter wise......... Did you have to pay custom duty ? Their prices seem very cheap for new phones........ Im thinking all that glitters aint gold !

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers

So I got a phone form them before, a Nexus 5X, after about 9 months the phone died. I tried to contact LG with regards it but they never responded, but EGlobal have a 2 year warranty policy so I jumped through the hoops and got the phone sent back where they accepted that it would be fixed. After about 4 weeks they said the phone was not repairable (tho they could not provide any engineers report to prove it was not repairable), this lead me into their refund policy. So basically they depreciate the value of the item by 8% (I think its 10%) each month. so they would only give me a refund of about half of what I paid for the phone. Actually it was not a refund it was store credit...

I personally wouldn't use them again, but that was just my experience. If you got a phone and don't have any issue with it happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

the-ging wrote: »
    So I got a phone form them before, a Nexus 5X, after about 9 months the phone died. I tried to contact LG with regards it but they never responded, but EGlobal have a 2 year warranty policy so I jumped through the hoops and got the phone sent back where they accepted that it would be fixed. After about 4 weeks they said the phone was not repairable (tho they could not provide any engineers report to prove it was not repairable), this lead me into their refund policy. So basically they depreciate the value of the item by 8% (I think its 10%) each month. so they would only give me a refund of about half of what I paid for the phone. Actually it was not a refund it was store credit...

I personally wouldn't use them again, but that was just my experience. If you got a phone and don't have any issue with it happy days!

I got 1 order from them and no problem thankfully, but knowing that I won't use them again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

I got a phone, it arrived without paying customs and I love it. However it took a good while to arrive, nearly 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭dunleas

Hi,

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers

Have ordered at least five device's from the EU site without issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭leche solara

Bought lots of stuff from the EU site too. Great value. Tracking doesn't start until item reaches Europe so looks like it originates in EU, therefore no customs. Only bad thing I could say is sometimes they can be a bit slow if item not in stock at time of order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Zeno of Cithium

maximoose wrote: »
    Got an LG G6 off the EU site a few months ago - prices were cheaper on the EU site vs UK

Quick shipping, posted from France via chronopost so no customs issues - UK plug with phone but can't remember to be honest if that was something I had to select or request

How you finding it ? Was thinking of getting it ? Battery life any good ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

How you finding it ? Was thinking of getting it ? Battery life any good ?

Love it. Had a Oneplus One before that was still a solid phone but wanted something a little newer

Camera is great (especially the wide angle), battery lasts me the whole day with usually fairly heavy use, performance never stutters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Recently bought Moto G5Plus ... UK site was cheaper than EU one.
    Arrived pretty much on time but frustrating part was the status stayed as Order Processing right up to when it arrived!

Advertisement