Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pebble Smartwatch Repair question (company no longer in business)

Options
  • 02-10-2017 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have a Pebble Time smartwatch that belonged to my late partner and so it has huge sentimental value to me. The back button on it is jammed and I would like to get it repaired so I can use the device paired to my own phone.

As Pebble are now owned by Fitbit (and Fitbit won't have anything to do with the watch) there is no place to return the watch for repairs. I'm wondering if there's anyone in Ireland that could unjam the button.

I know taking apart the watch might compromise the waterproofing but this is not an issue for me.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I'd caution that smartwatches arent built to the same standard as traditional timepieces and with day to day use it will eventually fail. If it has sentimental value like that storing it in a display case or similar might have a long term benefit. Obviously thats a personal choice.

If its merely the rubber shim thats stuck pulling the button out with a tweezers may be enough. If its the mechanism behind it that is part of the motherboard and would mean replacing all the "smarts" inside (it would appear like a new watch).

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lisa.a.os

Thanks for the reply.
    I tried a tweezers when I first got it but no luck.
    I think it had been to the beach with my partner and feels like there could be sand preventing the back button from coming back up.
    I have been wearing it while the battery has been dead but it would be nicer if it was operational...
    I was told by someone in Harvey norman that there are companies that collect faulty goods from home for repairs but haven't come across any as of yet

Advertisement