Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do repair shops still replace laptop screens?

Options
  • 02-10-2017 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

I've a friend based in Newbridge with a Dell laptop (not sure of model no) who needs the screen replaced. She says she's mostly getting "You need to buy a new laptop" type responses but here laptop when connected to a monitor is perfectly fine.

So - are there places still doing this - either in Newbridge or nearby (or even Dublin) and what should she expect to pay?

I think it's about a 13" screen - seems a good bit smaller than my 17" lapper anyway.

-ZB

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

zaphodbeeb wrote: »
    I've a friend based in Newbridge with a Dell laptop (not sure of model no) who needs the screen replaced. She says she's mostly getting "You need to buy a new laptop" type responses but here laptop when connected to a monitor is perfectly fine.

So - are there places still doing this - either in Newbridge or nearby (or even Dublin) and what should she expect to pay?

I think it's about a 13" screen - seems a good bit smaller than my 17" lapper anyway.

-ZB

Yes..or look on eBay and buy one. Find out how to do it on YouTube and spend 20 minutes replacing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Most laptop places should, I know we do in waterford. You could also use laptopscreens.ie who can arrange a pickup and return for you with a brand new screen

• Registered Users Posts: 12,340 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Yes..or look on eBay and buy one. Find out how to do it on YouTube and spend 20 minutes replacing it.

if he knows anyone adventurous around tech then this is definitely the way to go
    It may look daunting but once you watch a few YT videos you will be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Nothing adventurous about it - it's a simple process.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

FanadMan wrote: »
    Nothing adventurous about it - it's a simple process.

Depends on the laptop, the smaller ones like described above are all glue and what not, the newer ones at least. Not like the good old days where with just a Philips screw driver you could totally dismantle it

• Advertisement
Advertisement