Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there any college i can get into without a leaving cert?

Options
  • 02-10-2017 4:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hey, So basically in fifth year i decided to leave school and do homeschooling (yanno homeschooling.ie etc) mainly because i hated being in my school and there was no other good school options near me. And basically i did 6th year at home and to put it short completely flunked my leaving cert, as in its so bad i havent actually shown anyone bad.

So knowing that i wont be able to get into any colleges with it (and definitely not any IT colleges wich is what im intrested in i guess) im wondering if there is any college i could get into with a leaving cert? im currently 18 and yes ino its alot easier to get into a college without a leaving cert when ur more in your twenties but i wanna see if i have any options rn (also before u ask retaking my leaving cert would be my very very very last resource)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

What are you interested on doing in third level?
    Reason I ask is a friends son did poor enough in his leaving and he went to the local plc college to do a level 5 in computers (he wants to work in the IT industry).
    The results he got let him apply to cork IT to do computer science. And he's doing excellently. He wouldn't have been the biggest fan of the secondary he was on but loves college.
    Good luck with your decision and future.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 bionett

Thank you, both of you, U have helped alot :)

Advertisement