Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2018 Canada

Options
  • 01-10-2017 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Looks as though IEC 2017 ended yesterday. WHat are the chances of IEC 2018 opening in November?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Chance of getting in, 100%? I applied on the 27th of Sep and was accepted 2 days later. It seems to be a lottery system so everyone initially applies in November which reduce your odds but as the year progresses your odds go up. When I applied there were over 1000 places left with 317 people in the pool currently. My advice is apply literally the moment it opens if your in a rush, but if not fire your name in and you'll be picked eventually.
    ^^Well thats how I interpreted the situation :P

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

Doylers wrote: »
    Chance of getting in, 100%? I applied on the 27th of Sep and was accepted 2 days later. It seems to be a lottery system so everyone initially applies in November which reduce your odds but as the year progresses your odds go up. When I applied there were over 1000 places left with 317 people in the pool currently. My advice is apply literally the moment it opens if your in a rush, but if not fire your name in and you'll be picked eventually.
    ^^Well thats how I interpreted the situation :P

How can you tell how many people are in the pool etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭circular flexing

jme2010 wrote: »
    How can you tell how many people are in the pool etc?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/iec/selections.asp?country=ie&cat=wh

Spots available: 7,700
    Candidates in the pool: 1,825

What does this mean exactly, because it say's beside that 'Chances of being selected in next round is very low'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Spots available: 7,700
    Candidates in the pool: 1,825

What does this mean exactly, because it say's beside that 'Chances of being selected in next round is very low'

It means there's 7700 visas available and there's only 1825 people in the pool. I think the chances thing is not really accurate. It doesn't look like there has been a draw yet.

• Advertisement

Update:

Invitations issued to date: 120
    Spots available: 7,630
    Candidates in the pool: 2,229
    Chances: Fair

Fair must have a better meaning in Canada.

Just got invited to apply! Wooo

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Hamlet.

Fair must have a better meaning in Canada.

Just got invited to apply! Wooo

Nice. Has your police cert arrived yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭themom

Just a query please.

My son got an email today saying ' you do not have an invitation to apply at this time'
    From reading here that doesn't mean that all is lost.Am I correct?

Advertisement