Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If I'm I move to OL class can I sit the HL paper

Options
  • 01-10-2017 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Im thinking of going into an ordinary class for irish as the ordinary teachers are better and my teacher has not started the orals yet and she keeps postponing it.I have all my poems essays and pros covered i just want to do orals with ordinary level as they are better is this a good idea

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

What do you mean ordinary is better? It's the same oral for both.

Do you mean pretend to be doing OL then take the HL paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Cookie201

I mean that the ordinary level teachers are better at teaching and they have already started doing their orals and yes can I pretend to do ordinary and when it comes to the real leaving cert could I do higher level

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭everesteduc

People drop from higher to ordinary on the day of the exam in June so as long as you are very sure that you are very familiar with the higher level paper then you could in theory move up to higher.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Your oral mark will be adjusted if you take the OL oral and then the HL written.

You may as well do the HL oral. It's not like it's happening tomorrow. Plenty of time for your teacher to get round to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

The answer is yes you can

You shouldn't but you can .

Why not start yourself ? Prepare topics for me family school where I live music sport and television. That's the majority of the oral

• Advertisement
Advertisement