Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACAs or ACCAs - which are better

Options
  • 01-10-2017 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

I'm embarking on a change in career to train as an accountant and I'm trying to decide whether to go the ACA route or do the ACCAs.

I have the opportunity to sign a three-year training contract and do the ACAs with one of the Big Four, but I'm still not sure if that's the right way to go. Going the ACCA route and doing the exams at my own pace sounds less restrictive.

Does anyone have any opinions or advice on what the better option is??

Thanks a mill

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

I'm embarking on a change in career to train as an accountant and I'm trying to decide whether to go the ACA route or do the ACCAs.

From a practical point of view they are both about the same after say 10 years of experience.
    I have the opportunity to sign a three-year training contract and do the ACAs with one of the Big Four, but I'm still not sure if that's the right way to go. Going the ACCA route and doing the exams at my own pace sounds less restrictive.

Getting accepted to a big four firm is difficult and Being ex big four counts, it will get you interviews and recognition you would not otherwise get.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭DumbBrunette

Thanks guys

Advertisement