Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW XVIII - Pre-pre sign up poll

Options
  • 01-10-2017 10:18pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok folks,

I'm going to strike whilst the iron is hot and move on to the next game:

Please note: THIS IS NOT THE SIGN UP THREAD.

First thing we as mods have decided to establish - or rather, let you yourselves establish is: anonymous accounts.

We all love them, some more than most, but this game around we are going into introduce an entirely new feature - blended accounts - if the public so decide that is.

So, the poll above will have 3 options.

A) have everybody use you own boards accounts
    B) have everybody use boards anonymous accounts
    C) play a blended game where you can be anonymous or not, as you wish

We want to establish this initial factor before moving onto start dates, and then, finally, the sign up thread itself.

So. Boardsie accounts, anon - or a mixture of both?

It's your game.

You decide.

giphy.gif

How would you like to play the next game? 15 votes

Have everybody use their own boards accounts
    0%
    Have everybody use boards anonymous accounts
    40%
    patrickSTARRTriceratops BalletBarney92The_Valeyardbeakerjoegrumpylumpy 6 votes
    Play a blended game where you can be anonymous or not, as you wish
    60%
    crosstownkLord TSCduffman13LoughcKolido[Deleted User]Digital Solitude[Deleted User]Mollyb60 9 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Oh give it a rest Necro. The last game is barely over.

Or is the power going to your head :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

this wont work if only i'm annonomyus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

i think min of 1/3 anonymous plyers would make it work.

so, if the was 3 player and only 1 anon, you stick out like sore thumb, but if 7 account out of 21 were anonymous, then plenty of cover. you are not the only player who could use some cover ;)

sKeith wrote: »
    so, if the was 3 player and only 1 anon, you stick out like sore thumb, but if 7 account out of 21 were anonymous, then plenty of cover. you are not the only player who could use some cover ;)

yeah pstarr should go annonoymus as well

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Oh give it a rest Necro. The last game is barely over.

Or is the power going to your head :pac:

I hope you're going to be playing the next game now, you've seen player and mod Necro now witness power-trip Necro :pac::pac::pac::pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Necrominus wrote: »
    I hope you're going to be playing the next game now, you've seen player and mod Necro now witness power-trip Necro :pac::pac::pac::pac::D

I will see how it fits into my schedule :)

Can I be both? One post strawbs, then anon, then strawbs again.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Can I be both? One post strawbs, then anon, then strawbs again.

That would be a negative unfortunately. It's one or the other... soz!

One thing I forgot to mention, if blended wins out in the poll, it will be a first come first served basis on anon names. If you want to be anonymous, PM one of the four (yes, FOUR) mods for the game and let us know which name you'd like.

Don't all be rushing for Brendan WW now :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭tritium

I like blended, failing that full anonymous

Personally I'd like anonymous, getting kind of tired of folks pushing back that i must finally have gotten a bad role when I call people out as wolves.

Necrominus wrote: »
    One thing I forgot to mention, if blended wins out in the poll, it will be a first come first served basis on anon names. If you want to be anonymous, PM one of the four (yes, FOUR) mods for the game and let us know which name you'd like.

Don't all be rushing for Brendan WW now :pac:

i want to be annonomyous
    you didnt answer my last pm so considevthis my pm

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I won't be playing, so take my opinion or not as you wish, but I don't really like the idea of a blended game. Anonymous or not (no preference for either), but not both together.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

tritium wrote: »
    I like blended, failing that full anonymous

Personally I'd like anonymous, getting kind of tired of folks pushing back that i must finally have gotten a bad role when I call people out as wolves.

Poor Trit!!! ;)

quickbeam wrote: »
    Poor Trit!!! ;)

Ah no, it just gets annoying when you have a wolf then someone comes out with that. Everyone tends to nod their head, debate lynching me for a day because of bad statistics, and forget about the wolf.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Went with "all anon accounts".

I worry a blend could get messy but would love everyone to have that clean slate. It's a different dynamic. Plus, it eliminates a lot of the "should we question the noobs" mentality as well, since we have no clue who are new and who are old.

quickbeam wrote: »
    I won't be playing, so take my opinion or not as you wish, but I don't really like the idea of a blended game. Anonymous or not (no preference for either), but not both together.

As a mod I don't particularly have a preference for any, but we thought giving people the option of a third choice was a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I think the idea of the blended game is interesting but I'm not sure if it would work well in practice. I think that people would gravitate towards the players using their own accounts and it would have a negative effect on them in the game. So I'm going with all anon. Only if I can have the Mary WW account though because it confuses me every time I see someone posting with that account in the game.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I think the idea of the blended game is interesting but I'm not sure if it would work well in practice. I think that people would gravitate towards the players using their own accounts and it would have a negative effect on them in the game. So I'm going with all anon. Only if I can have the Mary WW account though because it confuses me every time I see someone posting with that account in the game.

I like the idea too and think the only way we will know if it will work in practice is try it out. Your opinions on gravity have been noted and are being discussed back stage. ;)

re: Mary WW. I think that can be arranged. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Although I picked the world poll option... Monday mornings and all. I think blended could be messy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Went with "all anon accounts".

I worry a blend could get messy but would love everyone to have that clean slate. It's a different dynamic. Plus, it eliminates a lot of the "should we question the noobs" mentality as well, since we have no clue who are new and who are old.

Plus it will make sure no-one hacks your account this time.

Uriel. wrote: »
    Although I picked the world poll option... Monday mornings and all. I think blended could be messy.

It's a large probability that it would be messy tbf. No harm in floating the idea and giving people the option though anon/non anon are safer choices.

Anon looks like winning the day currently.

Anon - 8
    Blended - 4
    Boards accounts - 2

Yo where dem anon account passwords be at?

Word.

That's a pretty dividing poll so far,

My guess would be that those who chose blended option would be more in the anonymous accounts camp than boards accounts camp, if it came down having to choose between those.

Uriel. wrote: »

yeah i picked blended and i think itwas cos it was new
    change me to annononnomoyus please

sKeith wrote: »
    That's a pretty dividing poll so far,

My guess would be that those who chose blended option would be more in the anonymous accounts camp than boards accounts camp, if it came down having to choose between those.

Would be the case with me alright. If its close I'd probably just switch to anonymous

Knew I should have gone with the 'select multiple choices' option....
    Looking like anon anyways I think. We'll keep it open till Wednesday anyways

If an admin sees this, can you close this thread please?

Advertisement