Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of 1acre resditional site for self Build

Options
  • 30-09-2017 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi all,

Would anyone have rough estimate of how much a 1acre site would cost for self build its in Laois Id prefer not give exact location

The site has electricity and water already on site but it may need new well drilled.

There is also a small cottage on site but not livable and well beyond repair it have to knocked if allowed by planning office.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭satguy

In the height of the boom, it may have been worth 70K or so with outline planning permission.

In today's market, and the fact that it has power and an old dwelling, it may be worth 25K - 30K , if very near Portlaoise, or if out at Windy Gap with views to die for, it may be worth 35K - 40K .

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭crf450

satguy wrote: »
    In the height of the boom, it may have been worth 70K or so with outline planning permission.

In today's market, and the fact that it has power and an old dwelling, it may be worth 25K - 30K , if very near Portlaoise, or if out at Windy Gap with views to die for, it may be worth 35K - 40K .

Not so close to Portlaoise maybe 15mins to outskirts city. Views not great at all actually no view with site be honest.

I was quoted double lower price you have given looks like boom prices are back :eek:.

And without planning premission.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭madmac187

crf450 wrote: »
    Not so close to Portlaoise maybe 15mins to outskirts city. Views not great at all actually no view with site be honest.

I was quoted double lower price you have given looks like boom prices are back :eek:.

And without planning premission.

Without PP agricultural value only TBH.

I live in Laois, near Rathdowney and my site was valued November last year at €50K with no water or power by an auctioneer, but with planning.

Advertisement