Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

....spotted yesterday. ...

Options
  • 30-09-2017 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,766 ✭✭✭✭

To the asshole on the red/blue 97 WH reg Foxeye Fireblade travelling South on the M50, around J3...around 18:30 yesterday........

You were invisible to the 99%. Low sun ahead, undertaking, travelling between cars ( I was doing just over the 100kph when you zipped by...)......

No lights on, no viz of any kind. Heck, no bike gear even. Track suits bottoms, shell jacket, white runners. Not sure you had gloves.

You're a statistic waiting to happen. Just don't involve anyone else in your carnage.

To the guy on the 171 D reg. ...R125/R3 (I think...hard to see) - the N4/ M4 West isnt a PS4 game. Undertaking swerving and going between 2 lanes travelling over 100 kph is not going to end well.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

galwaytt wrote: »
    To the asshole on the red/blue 97 WH reg Foxeye Fireblade travelling South on the M50, around J3...around 18:30 yesterday........

You were invisible to the 99%. Low sun ahead, undertaking, travelling between cars ( I was doing just over the 100kph when you zipped by...)......

No lights on, no viz of any kind. Heck, no bike gear even. Track suits bottoms, shell jacket, white runners. Not sure you had gloves.

You're a statistic waiting to happen. Just don't involve anyone else in your carnage.

To the guy on the 171 D reg. ...R125/R3 (I think...hard to see) - the N4/ M4 West isnt a PS4 game. Undertaking swerving and going between 2 lanes travelling over 100 kph is not going to end well.

Lot of info there,Nike runners..?.. keep yer eyes on the road..its his problem if he crashes...why would you think he'd even be on here..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭gipi

Any chance that the bike might have been stolen, if the guy had zero bike gear? Just a thought...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Sounds like it may have been stolen and been taken for a joy ride?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Colm17RvB

First thought I had when I read it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Reindeer

I had a similar experience Thursday eve, heading in to Dublin on the M50 in that traffic fubar that was happening. I was cruising behind cages letting the traffic settle a bit after an on ramp before filtering since I needed the next exit, doing maybe 30mph, and was passed with maybe 3 feet of clearance at well over the speed limit by a rice farmer. At night with all those head lights, it's difficult to see anything in my rear views - especially with the Harley induced shake basically at idle at 30. Maybe it was a punishment overtake? Anyways, another accident waiting to happen there.

I am also surprised how many Irish bikes will share my lane to pass me at high speeds. Had it happen again today. I was maybe at 40mph matching traffic speed before tucking over to the off ramp, and he flew by at 70 or more. Not a terribly safe way to do it. The second guy came by me just as I was about to change lanes. At the speed he was going, it would have been easy to not spot him in my mirror before I decided to move over, let alone looking over my shoulder. It's different when you're on a ride with other bikes than when you are filtering through traffic. It's just far more dynamic, and I think it's not a bad idea to leave more room for error.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

gipi wrote: »
    Any chance that the bike might have been stolen, if the guy had zero bike gear? Just a thought...

Not everyone in a tracksuit is a scum bag...plenty wear full gear ..;)

Advertisement