Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer problems

Options
  • 30-09-2017 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hello my computer just keeps going off and on about what could be the reason?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,767 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Krokodile wrote: »
    Hello my computer just keeps going off and on about what could be the reason?

PC or laptop? Is it booting into windows before it restarts? Any messages on the screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Krokodile

It's about my PC. No, I don't get any messages, it's like I'm starting him up normally.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,697 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Check power cable is properly connected.

The power cord is correctly connected and working properly. I tried it on another PC and it didn't even go out in over 12 hours. But on my PC, the problem occurs about every 2 hours.

double post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭dinnybyrne

Is this a wind up?

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭howardmarks

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Oh wait...

No, it isn´t.

That's the problem. It keeps shutting itself off. And I turn it back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭howardmarks

Download a hardware monitor app like hwmonitor. Check the temperature regularly. Could be overheating.
    Could be any number of things tho.
    Put your pc details into Google with symptoms. Guarantee someone has asked the question previously.

• Advertisement

Ok, thank you for your answers, I'll try again. Maybe I'll find something.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

I suspect overheating. Take off the side panels and blow out dust from fans etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

Overheating would be my guess as well. Try a good clean out - the amount of dust accumulating on the fan blades and inside the PC can be astonishing :P. HWmonitor or Speccy do temp readings.

overheating, yes, I haven't thought about it yet, I will do that in the next few days. Let's see, maybe this will solve my problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,398 ✭✭✭irishgeo

If it's overheating. It wouldn't come back on straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

you may have a shutdown virus, are you able to boot up into safe mode.

Advertisement