Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Investment evening around Munster

Options
  • 29-09-2017 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭

I remember hearing a few years ago on this week on rte1 that such a thing existed as investment evenings where stocks were pitched.

After that it was buy at your own risk

Has anyone ever attended such an evening in the Munster region

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,406 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I have heard of things like this for retail investors, but I would be very wary of them. Very often these sorts of stock promotion can be little more than a pump and dump.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

aidanki wrote: »
    I remember hearing a few years ago on this week on rte1 that such a thing existed as investment evenings where stocks were pitched.

After that it was buy at your own risk

Has anyone ever attended such an evening in the Munster region

A family member attending one of these just out of curiosity and he felt it was focused on the hard sell, certain "brokers" there were really pushing hard to get attendees to buy what they were recommending and as already mentioned, just appeared to be a pump n dump scheme. Afterwards they pretty much hounded him for months to get him to invest and lots of "recommendations".

• Registered Users Posts: 16,406 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

No wonder people think share investing is crooked when you have charlatan's like that on the road.

Advertisement