Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Available Intern posts - 2016 and/or 2017

Options
  • 29-09-2017 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi all,

Does anyone have the statistics for the number of applicants to how many intern posts were made available in 2016 and 2017, please? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Many thanks,

Recap

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Celestial12

I think they guarantee a place for all those who attended Irish universities. I'm not sure how many people apply from other countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

There's generally just enough places for CAO applicants, although I think last year was the first time that 6 CAO applicants didn't receive an intern spot in the first round.
    They've changed it this year such that it's based on CAO status, so even Irish students who attended university abroad would be unlikely to receive a place

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Celestial12

Anita Blow wrote: »
    There's generally just enough places for CAO applicants, although I think last year was the first time that 6 CAO applicants didn't receive an intern spot in the first round.
    They've changed it this year such that it's based on CAO status, so even Irish students who attended university abroad would be unlikely to receive a place

I think that's fair enough. Makes sense that those who attend Irish Universities are given priority, when many of the leading hospitals are affiliated with Irish Universities.

I have so many questions, but don't even know if I'll be able to do GEM next year as I'm awaiting my GAMSAT results. I don't want to get ahead of myself just yet. :P

Advertisement