Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching energy suppliers

Options
  • 29-09-2017 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

I maybe posting in the wrong forum.

I'm about to switch energy provider and use switching websites. What got me wondering is: the cheapest one is always on top, that's obvious but there are the ones who offer cashbacks with higher rates.
    Let's say I could save €150 with the cheapest, then the other company offering €70 to be saved and €100 cashback, would that mean €170? Better off going for the second option?
    I assume the same amount of units used per year in both cases. Or am I missing something?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭etselbbuns

You will have noticed the huge disclaimer stating that cashback is not included in comparisons

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭padyjoe

No, I didn't see that. Is there a small print for cashbacks? Let's say if cashback is €100 and my 1st bill is €70, I'll get €70 only?

I've honestly never looked into combining savings with cashback as I thought there's some twist somewhere deep in T&Cs.

Edit: or the idea behind this is get you switched to them and once the 12 months is up, you won't bother switching again?

Advertisement