Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

App Idea - Where to start ?

Options
  • 29-09-2017 1:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

Hi folks
    A little app idea came to me the other day, I was wondering what step to take in order to develop it ?

Whats involved ? where does one start ?

Thanks very much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭914

Hi folks
    A little app idea came to me the other day, I was wondering what step to take in order to develop it ?

Whats involved ? where does one start ?

Thanks very much

Hows your programming??? If your handy enough you could develop it yourself. Android studio is the program that you would use to develop it for android. If you have an understanding of java and xml there's plenty of tutorials out there.

If programmig isn't your thing find someone you know that could help out and take it from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Diddley Squat

Thank you 914

I would need somebody to make it as I havent any experience
    Do you need to patent it then ?
    How would one typically market it ? get it out there to the masses ?

A lot of it comes down to how technically difficult the app is. Is it a good idea that requires a simple app? A good idea that requires a complex app? Or you have no idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Diddley Squat

It should be fairly simple , but I dont have any knowledge on programming , its just an idea at the moment. (but i think its a good idea and has potential)

I just want to know how to go about and whats involved in the process, i.e patent, development costs and also whether its worth pursuing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭bren2002

An app on both major platforms with website?
    You could probably get it done for 10K, with a maintenance budget of another 1k pm. Backend hosting (depending on popularity) probably 1k pm.

Realistically though you'll need to spend a lot more for something professional. I'd guess 100K development, 5K pm maintenance and another 2K hosting. Plus customer services and marketing costs etc.

These are massively back of an envelope calcs though. If you app is any way complicated you can forget those figures.

• Advertisement
Advertisement