Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenovo Thinkpad T440s - Refurbished - Problems Day 1

Options
  • 28-09-2017 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have researched for a laptop for my girlfriend, who wanted to spend around 400 euros on a laptop. I did a lot of research and found a refurbished Lenovo Thinkpad T440s from Denmark from T1A refurbishers.

It seemed like a good deal for the specs. When the laptop arrived it was DOA. Nothing worked, not even the ac power light. Quick google found that this was a common problem for this model, the internal battery needing to be reset. Got that fixed after speaking to the refurbisher, who sent me a guide and was in all honesty really sound about everything. Can't fault them. But I had to open the laptop and it was a major ballache.

however, it's only day 2 later and I got a blue screen for windows 10 which said it had to restart and to google FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE
    I was only using adobe for a PDF.

Can people advise me as to what that means and if it's as bad as it looks? I can't believe this much **** would happen in 2 days I mean by this rate the laptop will go on fire by the weekend!

thanks
    Jack

Comments

Advertisement