Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your Gamerscore?

Options
  • 28-09-2017 6:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭

I recently passed 25000 GamerScore points, which I was pleased with obviously but I don't really know where that sits in the grand scheme of things. I'm a very casual gamer so I'm sure many of you on here have much more than that.

Would be interested to hear some of your GamerScores?

I know they mean very little but I still can't help wondering.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

First time buying a Xbox. Have it about 11months now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭MissMayo

If you're curious about gamerscore you should take a quick look on TrueAchievements.com (or any similar site), that will give you a wide view of peoples scores. Granted it is largely an achievement hunting community but there are still a lot of more casual gamers there too so it's not all crazy numbers.

Mine is currently in the 500k's thanks to competitions, etc. I've slowed way down over the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Buttros

21790 ðŸ‘👠casual too. Have had an Xbox about 8 years I think and that's it. Been playing a lot of ultimate team on madden over last few weeks as I've had some time off and it's added zero to my score. That's how it goes sometimes....... In 8 years only game I've got all the achievements in is defense grid 2. I'm way way too proud of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Dont get to play it much these days though.

According to True Achievements I am roughly around 32,000 position on the leaderboard. Better up my game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,449 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

23,730 recorded by MS.
    But there's about 6 years of unrecorded score from chipped 360's that would have me up around the 70k+ mark :)

• Advertisement

410,255 or 724,490 on TrueAchievements :o

89.4% completion overall, with 291 games at 100%

I'm in the top 800 I think on TA out of 300k + registered users.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,955 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

410,255 or 724,490 on TrueAchievements :o

89.4% completion overall, with 291 games at 100%

I'm in the top 800 I think on TA out of 300k + registered users.

Why is your True Achievement so much higher than your normal GS?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,210 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Why is your True Achievement so much higher than your normal GS?

TA has their own points system based on the rarity/completion ratio of the achievement. For example I got the Prestige achievement in destiny 2 last night and it gave me over 500 TA score. That score will drop as more people get the achievement.

Think my gamerscore is around 66,000 and my TA score is near, possibly just over 100,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Some serious scores here!

I'm about 91,000 and looking forward to hitting the 100k mark.

Games I've hit 100% are all pretty easy:
    Walking Dead season 1 and 2
    Firewatch
    Child of Light
    Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon
    Bastion
    Pac Man CE DX

Plenty of 80-95% ones that i've played hundreds of hours like Destiny or Overwatch but there's always a few achievements i'm just not bothered/not good enough to get.

Whats the most difficult 100% you all have?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,210 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Probably Destiny for me because of the Flawless Raider achievement. I 100% Destiny 2 last night in a fraction of the time, last game before that was probably Witcher 3 (DLC not included yet).

Overwatch looks nigh on impossible to me as you'd have to put serious time into every single hero unless you get lucky and can boost them.

I think my highest gamerscore is probably for Elite Dangerous but that game is a completionist's nightmare as some of the achievements would likely take 1000s of hours on their own and they keep adding new ones with each free update!

• Advertisement

I've completed FEAR 2, not very difficult but the multiplayer to 160 hours of boosting. :)

Banjo-Kazooie Nuts'N'Bolts was difficult at times.

I'm sure I will think of something very difficult as soon as I post this though! XD

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Overwatch looks nigh on impossible to me as you'd have to put serious time into every single hero unless you get lucky and can boost them.

There's definitely a few in OW that are very difficult to get, especially now that the community has 12 month experience.
    I'm good enough at the game where my opponents don't all group up and make it easy and bad enough where 5 or 6 of the characters are still really difficult to play!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

There are some seriously impressive scores here. I guess I better start taking my gaming a lot more seriously from now on!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

150000, I was into Achievement hunting for awhile but now don't get to play as much so don't go out of my way for them anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

If anyone is short some score to get to a respectable amount, Gone Home is free with GWG this month and it's an easy 1,000 Gamerscore (about 60-90 mins to get the lot)

If anyone is short some score to get to a respectable amount, Gone Home is free with GWG this month and it's an easy 1,000 Gamerscore (about 60-90 mins to get the lot)

The Turing Test which will be free later this month is apparently a fast 1000G too, 6-8 hours according to TrueAchievements. Looks like we'll all be spoiled this month. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭gmg678

just over 103,000. was mad for achievement hunting at one stage. now trying to play games just for enjoyment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Yay! Good month for Achievement whores ... em Hunters... Achivement Hunters :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Wow .. some amount of time and effort put in by some of you. Mine is very low.

For me it's not even about the numbers, it's more completion. I'm like that in life in general in that I hate starting something and not finishing it. Sometimes it's hard for me to cut my loses and walk away and Agents of Mayhem is really pushing me to my limits at the moment in that regard, it's not even that hard it's just poo poo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 appoireland

My Gamerscore is 124,340 at the moment but my time these days for gaming are limited. Don't have many 100% completions in that.

My best 100% - Rayman Legends! Some of the final Time Trials in that are rage inducing! Best platformer since Mario World for me though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

gmg678 wrote: »
    just over 103,000. was mad for achievement hunting at one stage. now trying to play games just for enjoyment.

There are definitely some games that I continued playing just to hoover up some points. There are other games I have put enormous time and effort into for 20% completion.

But like you I just want to enjoy the games I'm playing so am now very selective about what I purchase.

48k. Began my achievements journey in November 2005, so should be a lot higher probably

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

41k should be a lot higher but I stopped gaming for a good few years. And then got in to PC gaming and then bought a Xbox One. I play most of my games on PC now as they are cheaper and look better on my Freesync 144Hz 1440P monitor. But I am thinking I may start playing more on the Xbox once I get a Xbox One X.

Advertisement