Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ikea sofa beds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Vallentuna?

We have it as our main sofa and it's very comfortable as a sofa. Haven't slept on it myself but I'm told it's a comfy bed by those who have.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

That one is way too big unfortunately box room is small due to an indent from the stairs. The day bed Hemnes would also fit

http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/products/beds/day-beds-guest-beds/hemnes-day-bed-frame-with-3-drawers-white-art-90349326/

But again I'm worried about the thin mattress.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

The Hemnes is an extremely comfy single bed, so much so that we went and bought the same mattresses for our own bed. As a single it has two layers of mattress, as a double it has one.
    As a double it's ok for one night but for a few in a row it's uncomfortable. A thin mattress topper would help a lot. (We have one in the baby room)
    It's also not a great sofa. It's high and the sides make it awkward.

I'm surprised the Valentuna won't fit. Two next to each other would be 1.6m with a depth of 1m and would open out the same length as any sofa or other bed.

Advertisement