Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up bank account before I move

Options
  • 28-09-2017 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

Hi, Im not able to set up a bank account online with Scotiabank but apparently I should be. Im moving in two weeks for work for at least a year.

Is there any banks in Canada that allows me to do this here in Ireland, and have it setup with funds in for when I arrive?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

ECookie13 wrote: »
    Hi, Im not able to set up a bank account online with Scotiabank but apparently I should be. Im moving in two weeks for work for at least a year.

Is there any banks in Canada that allows me to do this here in Ireland, and have it setup with funds in for when I arrive?

Honestly there's no need to do this, setting up a bank account takes 10 minutes and you can do it as soon as you get a SIN. Then using transferwise (or similar service) you can get money into the account in a couple of days. Even if you set it up before you leave, you'll still need to visit the bank with your immigration docs and SIN.

Advertisement