Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worldwide Flight Disruption

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Bazzy wrote: »

The words 'Daily Mail' and 'Serious Enough' is just too much for me to take :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭cml387

There appears to be a problem with the Amadeus system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/airport-systems-down-london-gatwick-paris-singapore-amadeus-alta-a7971716.html

Airline systems around the world broke briefly, causing disruptions in a number of major airports around the world.

The issues – which appear to be with one of the core systems airlines use to manage their passengers – now appear to have been resolved, according to people working at airports.

Images posted on social media showed people queueing to board flights amid the problems. But it's not yet clear how long those delays were and whether they are causing any further disruption.

The issues appear to be with Amadeus Altea, a piece of software that airlines use to check people in and out and monitor them as they do so. It is used by a huge number of airlines – 125 in all, flying to and from airports across the globe.

The software is now slowly being restored but could take some time to fully fix – and even longer to deal with the fallout from the outage. Amadeus said that it "experienced a network issue that caused disruption to some of our systems" and that "action is ongoing with services gradually being restored".

I'd say O Leary hacked it to get the eye off him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭BigMoose

I flew home WAW->FRA->DUB yesterday afternoon/evening and checked my bag into Lufthansa without knowing about the problem and they managed that fine. But all the flight screens were down in WAW (they'd hung at around midday without updating any gates/departures) with folk being told to go to the gate and dont rely on the screens. I assume that was an unrelated problem? Inbound flight was only half hour late and while we left about 40 mins late, they made up 20 of that. The DUB leg also left about 30 mins late, but guess by then everything had been fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,869 ✭✭✭trellheim

I flew DUS-DUB last night and not a bother - all systems fully up and running.

• Advertisement
Advertisement