Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modern Warfare Remastered - Persistently Crashing during Multiplayer

Options
  • 28-09-2017 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭

This is a weird one.

I bought MWR during the week and I have had this recurring issue since I bought it where I will enter a multiplayer match and every so often the game will just immediately crash to the dashboard with no warning.
    This has happened more times than I personally believe it should and it's really frustrating at this stage. I thought to myself 'surely this cannot be an issue I'm only having' because it was way too frequent.

It happened about 4 times in the space of half an hour yesterday before I lost my patience and turned something else on, and it happened twice this morning.

Is anyone else having this issue at all? If it helps or is of any use: It has only happened on Team Deathmatch. I have played 2 other game modes where it never happened (Snipers Only & Domination).

Today, I played TDM on Countdown - it crashed.
    I played Domination on Pipeline - did not crash.
    And then I played TDM on Wetwork - it crashed.

Yesterday, I played TDM on Countdown - it crashed.
    I played Snipers Only on Overgrown - did not crash.

And I can remember playing TDM a couple of times where it didn't crash but the fact that it crashed more than 3 times in 30 minutes is too much in my books.

Sorry for the lengthy thread but if I leave out any minute detail I might not get anywhere. So I hope I've given enough.
    If anyone has this issue please let me know, I held off paying for this for so long and I finally bought it and was really buzzing about playing this game again after 6 or 7 years and this keeps happening. It's really frustrating.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Haven't seen the issues myself but have you tired anything to solve it?

Few tips here, although some basic ones. Could you give those a go?

https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Crashes-or-Game-Freezes-in-Call-of-Duty-Modern-Warfare-Remastered

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Yeah I tried that and there has been no change. It's so strange that it feels like I'm the only one suffering this issue as almost nobody has complained about a similar issue at all.

The only thing I could possibly think of, is that I'm an Xbox Insider Preview Tester - maybe that's a factor.

I just found another thread on a Forza forum saying they were having issues with crashing on Forza 7 and when another preview tester updated their Xbox to the current firmware (away from the Preview Program) it worked flawlessly again with no crashes.

So, when I get onto the Xbox again tonight I'm going to maybe try leaving the Preview Program and trying it out.

Advertisement