Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best prepay plan for very little usage?

Options
  • 28-09-2017 8:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

I've been paying 20-something euro a month for a bill plan with 3 but I only want to be able to make and receive calls (and not that many), same for texts. I don't need a smart phone (have one but don't use it for other than phone / text) - is there a simple pre-pay where the credit bought would last more than 30 days?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Lyca National S €9 / 30 days for 300 mins, 300 text, 1 GB
    If you have a dual SIM phone you should consider keeping your 3 SIM (switch it to prepay first). Or else use a second handset and only port your number when you're sure that everything works as it should (signal reception, banking shortcode texts receivable etc). You'll need your phone unlocked if you bought it from 3.
    All the networks will let you just top up and pay as you use but this costs anything from 30 to 50 cent/min and texts cost 15 cent each so unless your usage is VERY low, it's better value to use a bundle.

Advertisement