Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media - Loyalty Deals

Options
  • 28-09-2017 6:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

My Virgin Media Contract is up so looking at my options.  Sky are currently doing a new customer deal for tv/phone/bb at €59.50 p.m. (€714 p.a) and also include a free 32" TV. 
    The best offer from the VM loyalty team is half price for 3 months (€998 p.a.) which is very poor considering they were doing 9 months half price deals in the past.
    Anybody out there got better than three months half price recently or should I just move to Sky to save €290 p.a.?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭CPTM

I'm in the same boat - I'm currently paying 88 eur a month with Virgin (unlim broadband and basic tv) , and talked to them recently and they said the best they could offer was 72 Eur for same package for a year contract (EUR 864).

I don't really want to get a satellite dish so the only other alternative I was checking was Eir which is 45 Eur for 6 months, 85 Eur after that (12 month total: 780). But the promised speed isn't as high and I've had a good experience with Virgin so far. So I'm not sure if it's worth the 100 Eur to stay with Virgin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭fdevine

CPTM wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat - I'm currently paying 88 eur a month with Virgin (unlim broadband and basic tv) , and talked to them recently and they said the best they could offer was 72 Eur for same package for a year contract (EUR 864).

I don't really want to get a satellite dish so the only other alternative I was checking was Eir which is 45 Eur for 6 months, 85 Eur after that (12 month total: 780). But the promised speed isn't as high and I've had a good experience with Virgin so far. So I'm not sure if it's worth the 100 Eur to stay with Virgin.

Cancel and get get someone else in the house to sign up to VM on a new contract. From €49.50 per month for 12 months.

fdevine wrote: »
    Cancel and get get someone else in the house to sign up to VM on a new contract. From €49.50 per month for 12 months.

I live alone, so I haggled with them for this and the best they'd offer was 72 Eur :(

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

I rang last month after going out of contract. Told them I was going to Eir for BT Sports. Offered 9 months half price, and half price sky sports for 6 months. Wanted 3 months free sky sports instead so told them to go ahead with the cancellation. It's going thru tomorrow and didn't hear from them so rang them today and asked for same deal - 9 months half and 3 months free sports. They would only offer 6 months half price and 6 months half price sports. Going ahead with the cancellation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

I am in the last mth of my 12 mth contract which was a 6 mths half price thingie. Sounds like they are playing hard ball and not offering anything like this now? anyone got their loyalty telephone no. handy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭billbond4

previous poster got offered 9 months for half price, which is decent enough
    (im on that for BB only until Jan 2018)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I live alone

Try changing it into Irish and change the address slightly as in put the number after the street name.
    So instead of say 29 The Lawns, it would be the The Lawns number 29 etc.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Try changing it into Irish and change the address slightly as in put the number after the street name.
    So instead of say 29 The Lawns, it would be the The Lawns number 29 etc.

Ha, if that works, it's genius!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

CPTM wrote: »

:D

Invoice: Mr Blue Paddy

It does, I've done it! ;).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They only have 1 valid address for each house that’s served by cable. Each cable has a unique id so there’s no way to fool it.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lob020

billbond4 wrote: »
    previous poster got offered 9 months for half price, which is decent enough
    (im on that for BB only until Jan 2018)

I was just on to Virgin,out of contract now,coming off 9 month half price offer.only offered 64 euro for 6 months,then 79 after that with reduced number of channels,but double Broadband speed.What is Sky like ?Are there charges to change over,.It looks like Virgin are finished with half price offers.Please advise if anyone has any success in getting a deal

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭galwaylad1980

Hi,

Anyone know if VM are still taking a hard line on loyalty offers for existing customers and just offering discount for 6 months if out of contract?

Or have they had a change of heart for the New Year now that their (annual) price increase kicks in from January?!

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Hagar7

Hi,

Anyone know if VM are still taking a hard line on loyalty offers for existing customers and just offering discount for 6 months if out of contract?

Or have they had a change of heart for the New Year now that their (annual) price increase kicks in from January?!
    No,they are still a shower of greedy bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

Hey all,

Spoke to Virgin media today about renewing my contract and got offered half price for six months. Thought i'd let you know because I know the deals have gotten a bit tougher lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

I got a call off them last week - completely out of the blue

They were offering a discount of €5/month for 6 months for a 12 month contract (BB only) which is laughable.

Which is the best way to contact them and is there a number for the loyalty dept?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭galwaylad1980

jim salter wrote: »
    I got a call off them last week - completely out of the blue

They were offering a discount of €5/month for 6 months for a 12 month contract (BB only) which is laughable.

Which is the best way to contact them and is there a number for the loyalty dept?

I just ring them on 1908 and ask to be put through to the Loyalty Team.

I got half price for 6 months and couldn't squeeze any more out of them. Loyalty my eye, I'd get a better deal if I was a new customer who had never paid them a penny in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Megager

https://www.virginmedia.ie/bundles/broadband-tv-phone/full-house-sports-cinema/

Is this an ok deal? Seems ok to me. I'm paying 50 a month for phone and 240 broadband. Just using saorview for now. Tempted by this though

Good offer considering it includes Sports & Cinema and 360 B/B.
    Will be interested to see what Virgin do now that Sky have brought in a 6 month half price offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Megager

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Good offer considering it includes Sports & Cinema and 360 B/B.
    Will be interested to see what Virgin do now that Sky have brought in a 6 month half price offer.

I think this is their response. Good that it's a year offer rather than 6 months I guess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I just ring them on 1908 and ask to be put through to the Loyalty Team.

I got half price for 6 months and couldn't squeeze any more out of them. Loyalty my eye, I'd get a better deal if I was a new customer who had never paid them a penny in the past.

Not really, new customers are only getting €15 a month off for 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Eire girl

Anybody get anything better than the 6 months half price from Virgin recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Rashers

Eire girl wrote: »
    Anybody get anything better than the 6 months half price from Virgin recently?

Nope, they seem to be sticking to the deal they made with existing customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 PriceWatch

I got the 360mb broadband, mobile world, full house tv, sky sports, sky cinema for €100 a month for 12 months on 12 month contract! Happy enough with that!

Advertisement