Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop for 12 year old

Options
  • 27-09-2017 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭

Hi
    hoping someone can help! Looking to get a laptop for my daughter . I want something fairly decent for a not too mad price .Budget is €300 max . I know nothing about ram or storage so if someone could point me in the right direction of what to look for it would be great. It would be mainly used for school work and I think she is also interested in getting a drawing tablet to connect afterwards. Games like Minecraft will be played also.

thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭ikoonman

I have been through this exercise twice, and my advice is - look in the UK - if you can. Prices are much better for better specs, IMHO.

But you will probably look at a Core i5, with at least 4-8GB ram and 500GB harddrive. You might have to up your budget a tad and if you can afford a laptop with a solid-state drive, all the better. Specs change regularly so if you spend a bit extra, then it will last you a bit longer.

Stay clear of ASUS - support cost me £70 (I bought it in Dublin) for a warranty repair that they insisted I caused, and had to pay that just to get it back ("admin fees and courier costs").

The last one I bought a couple of weeks ago is a HP Pavillion for ±£500 (i5,8GB,128GB SSD, with some cashback-reward) was an absolutely brilliant buy for school work as well as games. I am very happy with this. It is light-weight and the battery lasts quite a bit.

HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

Thanks for that info . much appreciated . don't wanna buy a cheap thing I'll regret so I'll take a look at what u have recommended !

Advertisement