Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Sparring

Options
  • 27-09-2017 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi,

I boxed on and off for years but i'm now 31. I work upwards of 55hrs a week so don't have time really to make the usual 3, 2hr training sessions a week and to be honest at this stage, not really the interest. But I do love sparring and getting some rounds in. Is there any club or someone here who hosts open sparring on weekends or something? I'd love to do some.

I'd also love to fight in the novices just around the corner but I take it there's no way I could arrange that at this stage. I don't have a record card, it only had 2 bouts on it but my coach of the now defunct boxing club claims he lost it. And trying to get a replacment myself hasn't worked.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Joffrey

Ah lads

• Registered Users Posts: 54,775 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Joffrey wrote: »
    Ah lads

I think the non replies is because your request is not really achievable.

Where are you living or based?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Joffrey

South Dublin.

I can respect that, I was just hoping. I know one or two clubs previously have had open sparring sessions on weekends to get some rounds in. I'm just outside the loop at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,775 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Joffrey wrote: »
    South Dublin.

I can respect that, I was just hoping. I know one or two clubs previously have had open sparring sessions on weekends to get some rounds in. I'm just outside the loop at present.

Best to contact clubs directly. Many would have social media accounts and contacts.

Advertisement