Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One tile all over opinion?

Options
  • 27-09-2017 9:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭

Hi, Looking for feedback,

We are considering to put the same tile over most to all of our downstairs.
    The tile we want is this
    a2c361_7b36989f8a4c409487ee5b5554ef3297.jpg_srz_1693_2540_85_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

And we are considering putting it inclusive into the red marking of the house and possibly into the blue but that might go different.

Our idea, It will open the place to look bigger rather than sectioning it.
    Our other idea, Will we get sick of looking at the same tile.
    We originally intended a grey kitchen with grey tile, but with this tile we cant do grey kitchen so will do a cashmere kitchen instead.

Untitledd.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,591 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

2j2dg5d.jpg

33bzaf6.jpg

24e28si.jpg

I tiled my entire ground floor as above.
    Hall, downstairs bathroom, living room and kitchen diner.
    It's practical, bright and so easy to clean and everyone admires it who comes into our home.

Was an expensive job, but I took my time coming to the decision and have no regrets.
    I can't imagine I'll ever tire of it as it wasn't something I rushed into.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

We've something similar, hall, kitchen, dining, utility & toilet all done in the same floor tile, looks great, we also have all doors, skirting, window sills, stairs including the spindles basically all visible timber painted the same colour throughout the house which we also feel works very well

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭mrsWhippy

I'm not a fan of tiles generally (I find them very hard underfoot!) but BDP, I really like those ones you posted.

I also think given your floor plan, that a divide wouldn't really be possible without having a really obvious break in the middle of an entryway. I think you could potentially tile the hallway with something different but the kitchen, diner and sitting room should probably be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

That's a gorgeous tile!
    I'd totally use it for the whole area, I really like the idea of having the same floor all over the house.
    Also I think that a cashmere kitchen with that tile would work well. That's all very timeless and will look good now as well as in 15 years from now on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

If you have tile now, what was that you had before? I wonder how much colder would tile feel after say hardwood or laminate. Or do you have underfloor heating?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

Thanks all,
    Yea I think I'll be going ahead with the 1 tile, waiting for samples to see if the tile looks like its advertised.
    its a new tile so theres no other pictures of it online but its a good brand tile so fingers crossed,,

@Strandroad, new build so nothing before, yes to UFH

Advertisement