Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance options - married couple 1 car

Options
  • 27-09-2017 8:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

We recently went down to 1 car to save money. Living in Dublin so public transport is decent enough. Just wondering what our options are in relation to insurance. Currently Im the main insured, with my wife as a named driver - so I have drive any car, she does not etc. It was mentioned to me that we should consider alternating main insured each year so that the OH maintains her no claims bonus. is there any option out there for couples with one car, so both have all the benefits etc, maybe by paying a little more?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Nuw

As far as I'm aware, you will have to swap the main driver every so often for both of you to maintain no claim bonus. However, I'm open to correction on this and it might be a good idea to get on to your insurer to get their reply on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭budhabob

Just reviving this thread as my renewal came in, and im just wondering should we switch around now?

Obviously I'll put this to our insurer now too, however just putting it out there to see if anyone has had a similar issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,581 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Switch each year, that way with 1 year on 1 year off, the 2 NCB dont expire

Advertisement