Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multicity with Aer Lingus

Options
  • 26-09-2017 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭

If I book a Multi City say from one European City to Cork or Dublin and the return leg from a US City to Europe.

And I miss the first leg (European City to Cork or Dublin)

Will Aer Lingus cancel the second leg ?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Probably; particularly as that level of open-jaw would look specifically like it was done deliberately to abuse pricing oddities.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

redcup342 wrote: »
    If I book a Multi City say from one European City to Cork or Dublin and the return leg from a US City to Europe.

And I miss the first leg (European City to Cork or Dublin)

Will Aer Lingus cancel the second leg ?

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

if the ticket contains a TATL leg, failure to take the legs in order will result in cancellation of all following legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,674 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

If you book AMS to DUB and JFK to CDG, the JFK-CDG leg will still be valid if you fail to take the AMS to DUB service.

You should note while it generally applies to Aer Lingus, many legacy carriers will automatically cancel the other leg. I would advise you contract them on socail media or by phone to confirm but I understand they are a carrier who don't automatically cancel one leg.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    If you book AMS to DUB and JFK to CDG, the JFK-CDG leg will still be valid if you fail to take the AMS to DUB service.

You should note while it generally applies to Aer Lingus, many legacy carriers will automatically cancel the other leg. I would advise you contract them on socail media or by phone to confirm but I understand they are a carrier who don't automatically cancel one leg.

Yes they will, any TATL leg on a ticket and you will be cancelled if you miss a leg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,674 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Jamie2k9 wrote: »

Yes they will, any TATL leg on a ticket and you will be cancelled if you miss a leg

I see, they differently don't on return European flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

Hmm ... why do they treat they Transatlantic differently ?

Is this policy written down anywhere ?

3.3.6 says you have to tell them, 3.3.4 basically says if you change your plans, Aer Lingus will re calc the fare

So if your tickets priced as two singles are the same as the price of a return, then its fine, but if you have found one of the strange IATA fare things where booking as one is cheaper then 3.3.4 will sting you

https://www.aerlingus.com/support/legal/conditions-of-carriage/
    3.3 COUPON SEQUENCE AND USE

The Ticket you have purchased is valid only for the transportation as shown on the Ticket, from the place of departure via any Agreed Stopping Places to the final destination. The fare you have paid is based upon our Tariff and is for the transportation as shown on the Ticket. It forms an essential part of our contract with you. The Ticket will not be honoured and will lose its validity if all the coupons are not used in the sequence provided in the Ticket.

Should you wish to change any aspect of your transportation you must contact us in advance. The fare for your new transportation will be calculated and you will be given the option of accepting the new price or maintaining your original transportation as ticketed.

Should you change your transportation without our agreement, we will assess the correct price for your actual travel. You will have to pay any difference between the price you have paid and the total price applicable for your revised transportation. We or our Authorised Agents will refund you the difference if the new price is lower but otherwise, your unused Coupons have no value.

Please be aware that while some types of changes will not result in a change of fare, others, such as changing the place of departure (for example if you do not fly the first segment) or reversing the direction you travel, can result in an increase in price. Many fares are valid only on the dates and for the flights shown on the Ticket and may not be changed at all, or only upon payment of an additional fee.

Each Flight Coupon contained in your Ticket will be accepted for transportation in the class of service on the date and flight for which space has been reserved. When a Ticket is originally issued without a reservation being specified, space may be later reserved subject to our Tariff and the availability of space on the flight requested.

Please be advised that in the event you do not show up for any flight without advising us in advance, we may cancel your return or onward reservations. However, if you do advise us in advance, we will not cancel your subsequent flight reservations but Article 3.3.4 will be applicable in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

Ya .. I guess I'll take a trip to Ireland then :)

There was a 550 euro price difference if I didn't take the Ireland leg, so a Cheapo WOW Flight over is the best option from Ireland I think

The pricing difference is bizarre though, will never understand why airlines do it.

Aer Lingus it only seems to apply to Non-European flights, European flights seem to be the same price for individual legs.

Advertisement