Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big thank you to Gem Motorcycle workshop

Options
  • 26-09-2017 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

As some as you might know I was on a tour of the Wild Atlantic Way the last coupe of weeks (had an amazing time) but on the way back to Dublin the bike started behaving a bit strangely (amazing what can worry you about your bike when your 1,200km from home). I figured it was a tight chain (Forgetting to grease it regularly while on a tour should be a sin!) but wanted to get it checked out.

Rang them near closing on Wednesday and they were more than happy to see me the next day morning to give the bike a once over before I headed off to the ferry that evening.

Brought the bike into them and they confirmed the tight chain and gave it a good greasing but also gave the entire bike a once over rectifying one or two small problems that I wasn't even aware of. They spent the guts of an hour looking it over while having a friendly chat at the same time explaining things as they went along. At the end they didn't even want a penny.

The bike made it home to Switzerland without a problem and will be getting the full scheduled service soon.

I just wanted to give them a shout out and a huge thank you from me for putting my mind at ease and not even asking a payment in return from someone who has never used their services before so big thank you to GemMotorCycle workshop in Donnybrook.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Wow...that brings back memories...didnt even know they were still trading..:o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Are they the same as the Gem in Ranelagh years ago.
    They were a decent crowd too.

It's just great to see a motorcycle shop helping out like that, fair play to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Have used Gem/ Dave in recent times. Always decent to deal with and helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭MSVforever

I'm not surprised. They are absolutely sound fellowsðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭BKtje

Yeah same crowd as in Ranelagh. My dad used to use them thirty years ago which is why I tried em. Different guys working in there now though :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Handy to know theyre just in the village...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,617 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Been a customer of Daves in Gem for over a year now. He is a really sound fella. He is also huge into motorbike safety and was saying to me that if ever Im passing by dont be afraid to pop in and he will run a safety check on the bike for free. Any work Ive had done with him has been top drawer and because of his location he is cheaper than any of the shops that are on main streets and have huge rent bills to pay which you end up paying for in your bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Good stuff would deffo use them on this sort of compliment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭duskyjoe

I'll be dropping my GS into them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭BKtje

Delighted that people are giving them a shot as good friendly service deserves to be rewarded :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I bought a bike from the Gem in Ranelagh years ago... The shop is long gone, but the guys in the workshop were independent from it & very sound to deal with...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

It's just as important these days to report a good experience as a bad.

Fair play to the lads and the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,617 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Forgot to say that Ive also seen members of the Gardai Traffic Corps bring their motorbikes to Gem for work too which is a good sign as I presume they are allowed to bring them to where they choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭Goose81

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Forgot to say that Ive also seen members of the Gardai Traffic Corps bring their motorbikes to Gem for work too which is a good sign as I presume they are allowed to bring them to where they choose.

I very much doubt it , that's most definitely not the case with the cars anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Goose81 wrote: »
    I very much doubt it , that's most definitely not the case with the cars anyway.

I was a regular in the Gem (the had a little box that they saved all the nails etc that had come out my tires!) when I worked as a courier. Always a Garda bike in for some sort of work.

Great place. If you need something fixed, the will bend over backwards to help you and have stayed late more than once to sort something for me.

Advertisement