Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jim Jefferies - Dublin 2018

Options
  • 26-09-2017 12:15pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭

im Jefferies

The Unusual Punishment Tour

23rd January 2018

3Arena, Dublin

Tickets on sale Friday 29th September at 10am!

Aiken Promotions are proud to welcome back to Ireland the hilarious Jim Jefferies with his “Unusual Punishment Tour” Live at 3Arena Dublin on January 23rd 2018 marking Jim’s first Dublin show since 2012. Tickets go on sale this Friday 29th September at 10am through Ticketmaster and usual outlets nationwide.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

3Arena, yeah, good luck

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Why 3Arena? Seems like a strange decision, surely won't sell out and it'll just be weird sort of atmosphere. Anyone been to comedy shows in 3Arena before?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Zarkandar

Amirani wrote: »
    Why 3Arena? Seems like a strange decision, surely won't sell out and it'll just be weird sort of atmosphere. Anyone been to comedy shows in 3Arena before?

Got given tickets to Seinfeld in O2 but it didn't work there at all. You watch the gig on the big screen, would never go to a gig there again. Jim should be doing Vicar or Olympia.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Zarkandar wrote: »
    Got given tickets to Seinfeld in O2 but it didn't work there at all. You watch the gig on the big screen, would never go to a gig there again. Jim should be doing Vicar or Olympia.

A few nights in either (depending on sales) makes so much more sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

Birneybau wrote: »
    A few nights in either (depending on sales) makes so much more sense.

Similar to Louis CK, he is now one of the worlds biggest comedians. This will sell out, I'm sure of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Gonna see can I get decent floor seating tickets for this

No interest if I have to watch it on the big screen

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

s8n wrote: »
    This will sell out, I'm sure of it
    Looks like they might not even open the top section, let alone sell out. There are loads of good tickets still available.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Had a look on the presale on Thursday night and it said there were no floor seats available, offered me tiered seating in the 20th row as "best available"

Checked ticketmaster the next day and got floor seats in the 12th row from the stage :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Had a look on the presale on Thursday night and it said there were no floor seats available, offered me tiered seating in the 20th row as "best available"

Checked ticketmaster the next day and got floor seats in the 12th row from the stage :confused:

Good ol ticketscammer, they push the worse seats first quite often, then release better seats when they've a bunch of the poor ones sold. (Known fact from someone i know that worked there)

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Birneybau wrote: »
    3Arena, yeah, good luck

It's packed. Either sold out or nearly sold our out. Can't spot a single free seat.

• Advertisement

LeeroyJ. wrote: »
    It's packed. Either sold out or nearly sold our out. Can't spot a single free seat.

Except for the one that the pink haired rabbit lady took of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

He was quite disinterested/hungover/worn out and once the vodka induced heckling started, game over. I wouldn't be surprised if he loped 15min off the end..

3arena was to big. Far too many who only know him from youtubeing Bare and Freedumb. So when he decided to pare back to his unusual punishment show (fitting title), lot of dissatisfied punters.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

The hackling towards the end really sucked. I also found the constant stream of people going in and out and getting up and sitting down really disruptive. It was a good show but hes done better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,988 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I thought the first half of the show was excellent, the second half kinda tailed off a bit. The heckling got fairly annoying by the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

LeeroyJ. wrote: »
    The hackling towards the end really sucked. I also found the constant stream of people going in and out and getting up and sitting down really disruptive.

Was the same at Chris Rock. Bloke beside me had a tray of 4 pints for himself just as the show started. Polished them off and went back out for another 4. :confused:

There was a punch up about half way through aswell and they all got kicked out.

They should really close the bar before the show starts at comedy gigs in venues that big Ireland. Although I saw similar in the Olympia for Billy Connelly years ago. We're a fúcking dreadful country for comedy gigs. Embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭Safehands

The Nal wrote: »
    Was the same at Chris Rock. Bloke beside me had a tray of 4 pints for himself just as the show started. Polished them off and went back out for another 4. :confused:

There was a punch up about half way through aswell and they all got kicked out.

They should really close the bar before the show starts at comedy gigs in venues that big Ireland. Although I saw similar in the Olympia for Billy Connelly years ago. We're a fúcking dreadful country for comedy gigs. Embarrassing.

The complete muppets going in and out for their booze fix ruined the night. Even Jim was surprised. Why do these idiots pay to go to a show? Not even an apology when thet barge past laden down with trays of beer. The Point or the O2 or whatever they call it now is a crap venue for comedy. Don't bother. Jim was funny (in spots). I thought he wasn't trying that hard. Some nuggets of brilliance though!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

April 1st. 3 Arena. Tickets on sale at 10am

Advertisement