Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Parcel Motel locker at Quayside Shopping Centre

Options
  • 26-09-2017 1:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭

Parcel Motel have installed a second location in Sligo for its lockers this one is outside of Carphone Warehouse at the Quayside Shopping centre.

Good location or bad location? - you cannot pull up and open up your car and away you go. - and if you parked in the quayside car park it more than likely cost to park. and what about if the car park is closed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Glanced at the email last night. Is this a definate second location, or a replacement?

Would be handy if you happen to work in town or are in shopping etc, otherwise the nearest place to stop is Wine Street Carpark.

Would not like this if it is a replacement, not very convenient if not at one of the above. Great thing about IN a carpark, petrol station, etc, is just roll up, and leave again quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Glanced at the email last night. Is this a definate second location, or a replacement?

Would be handy if you happen to work in town or are in shopping etc, otherwise the nearest place to stop is Wine Street Carpark.

Would not like this if it is a replacement, not very convenient if not at one of the above. Great thing about IN a carpark, petrol station, etc, is just roll up, and leave again quickly.

It's in addition.

Personally I use parcel wizard now. Their first delivery was a bit of a mess when they fist started. Now they are great and fierce handy delivering to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

It'll be handy for people in town who don't have a car. I find Address Pal good too. I get a text to collect in my local PO. Show them my licence,
    pay 3.80 and I'm done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

sligojoek wrote:
    It'll be handy for people in town who don't have a car. I find Address Pal good too. I get a text to collect in my local PO. Show them my licence, pay 3.80 and I'm done.

I use addresspal aswell so handy. And especially if ordering anything from China (ebay/amazon).. will get it in a week or 2 whereas to go straight to house could take 8 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Handy for private stuff too. A friend of mine sends me stuff. It costs about £3.40 at his end and €3.80 at mine. It used to cost him £12 or 13 before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Just read the email. Its a SECOND Sligo location.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

here is the text in the email - for anyone who is curious:

New Parcel Motel location in Quayside Shopping Centre

We're delighted to announce that we've opened a second Parcel Motel location at the Quayside Shopping Centre in Sligo. The Parcel Motel at Mullen's Texaco is extremely busy, so to avoid any delays to your parcels, we recommend that you switch to the new location if it is convenient for you.

​Where is it?

The Parcel Motel is located outside Carphone Warehouse in the external mall and so is accessible 24/7

​How do I switch?

Simply follow these 3 steps to change your location.

1. Log in to your Parcel Motel account and click on Settings

2. Click on the Modify button beside Delivery Location and type in Sligo to the search field under Where is my nearest Motel.

3. Choose Quayside Shopping Centre Sligo and click the Save button, and that's it, you're good to go.

Need Help?

Email us at support@parcelmotel.com or call us on 076 888 6677

Happy shopping :-)

The Parcel Motel Team

Advertisement