Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should Eastenders be axed from RTE One's schedule ?

Options
  • 26-09-2017 1:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

I think it should because anybody who really wants to watch it can watch it on the BBC, I think programs like the meaning of life with gay Byrne and the works should be transmitted at 7.30pm

Should eastenders be axed from rte one's schedule? 15 votes

yes
    0% 0 votes
    no
    100% 15 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Is that you basal?

That won't suit people who only have saorview!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,440 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Stupid idea innit.
    I'm not having it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭lertsnim

There's 250,000 people watching it on RTÉ One.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Joe Duffy.

lertsnim wrote: »
    There's 250,000 people watching it on RTÉ One.

I would imagine that's due to the amount of people who always have their tv set tuned to rte one regardless of what's on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Joe Duffy. wrote: »
    I would imagine that's due to the amount of people who always have their tv set tuned to rte one regardless of what's on

It's still 250,000 viewers for the adverts.

If they don't axe it, they really need to sort the frame rate issue on it. It looks like a really bad standards conversion.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Joe Duffy. wrote: »
    I think it should because anybody who really wants to watch it can watch it on the BBC, I think programs like the meaning of life with gay Byrne and the works should be transmitted at 7.30pm

I can agree with something like The Works but my god The Meaning of Life should be axed.

Also RTE have plenty of room between 7 and 9 to put both shows on, almost all shows on either side of EastEnders is a repeat on Monday and Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Karsini wrote: »
    If they don't axe it, they really need to sort the frame rate issue on it. It looks like a really bad standards conversion.
    Yes, I've contacted them before about that. Clearly hadn't a clue what I was taking about. Either their engineers are useless, or they don't watch the output.

Advertisement