Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

goldcore

Options
  • 25-09-2017 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I am considering buying some precious metals with these guys.
    I am unsure how else to buy gold or silver which is reasonably easy to liquidate.
    there is also the advantage that there is no VAT to pay on Silver purchases

Anyone any thoughts on these guys?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

RobAMerc wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I am considering buying some precious metals with these guys.
    I am unsure how else to buy gold or silver which is reasonably easy to liquidate.
    there is also the advantage that there is no VAT to pay on Silver purchases

Anyone any thoughts on these guys?

thanks

Maybe I'm confused, but is it not gold that's VAT exempt while VAT continues applies to silver?

You could also look up the assay office and find out what their selling prices for precious metals currently are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

there is no vat on silver when you buy it with Goldcore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

RobAMerc wrote: »
    there is no vat on silver when you buy it with Goldcore
    You should understand that there is no VAT on silver ................. but only if you buy Legal Tender Silver COINS.
    There most certainly IS vat on all other silvers -- bullion, bars, etc. In Ireland the VAT rate on silver is 23%. Legal Tender collectible silver coins are indeed VAT-free.

Now, there is no advantage to you if you buy silver legal tender coins. There is a premium over the spot-price on these coins; in most instances this premium is even more than the VAT payable on bars. :(
    Case in point:
    Goldcore's price on 25x 1oz Silver Britannia :- €429.75 ( €17.19 Each)
    Current Silver Spot-Price:- €14.24 per oz ( €356.00 for 25 ounces).

I strongly urge you to research this further if you do intend to put money into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 YossiA

I researched buying silver coins recently. The cost of minting a coin is approx €2 per coin. So between the Vat and minting cost I think gold is a much better investment.

Advertisement