Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Investec new annual fees & cheaper alternative?

Options
  • 25-09-2017 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Bought a few shares donkey's years ago in Deutche Telekom during the dotcom bubble. I distinctly remember going into a big fancy board room office in the IFSC and some dude in a suit telling me I'm doing the right thing and can look forward to buying a nice BMW soon. (I currently drive a 2004 Opel Corsa by the way!). 
    Things happened over the years and the small amount left got transferred to Invested Wealth & Management. I recieved a letter from them saying from 1st Dec they will be charging an annual fee of €100 and I can sell off or transfer my shares to another broker free of charge.
    Just wanted to get advice of folks here if anyone knows of any other Irish (or UK as I'm currently working there) broker with minimal fees so I can keep this dividend income share?
    Thanks in advance.
    R

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

Degiro - search the board

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭wordofwarning

If you are tax resident in the UK. There are a ton of efficient schemes for holding shares like ISAs over there. You should look into holding your shares in an ISA if you are resident in the UK

You really probably should cash out of your shares and put your money into an index fund. There are a lot of questions in the US about whether the massive dividends on telecom shares is sustainable

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rinnin

Prezatch wrote: »
    Degiro - search the board
    Thanks Prezatch. I did have a look but couldnt find anything recent or relevant. I'll check them out!

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

rinnin wrote: »
    Thanks Prezatch. I did have a look but couldnt find anything recent or relevant.

http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?subforums=1&forum=859&query=degiro

Advertisement