Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung smart TV backlight

Options
  • 25-09-2017 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I've recently having a problem with my Smsung smart TV. About 3 months ago a dark shaded line about an inch wide developed on the screen about two thirds from the bottom. Was a minor inconvience at the time.

However just since the weekend gone the line has since doubled in size and now a sizeable section of the middle of the screen is significantly darker than the rest of the screen. See pics attached.

I did some googling and I think I have self diagnosed it as two strips of the LED backlight behind the screen failing to illuminate?

Could anyone back my claim up and instruct me on what I should do next to try and fix this problem. I'm annoyed that this television is giving me trouble after only 2 years of use.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭ozmo

Think you sussed exactly whats wrong - its the back light strips... unlikely fixable without purchasing new backlights and fitting them.

Heres a vid on how to fix it if you want give it a go...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgaL6X6eSaU

“Roll it back”

Advertisement