Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mountain Goats - Button Factory Oct 8th

Options
  • 25-09-2017 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

The Mountain Goats are playing the Button Factory on Sunday October 8th, tickets are €22. Not heading myself but I didn't see a thread for this and it strikes me as the kind of show people could be sorry to miss if they hear about it later.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

think this is sold out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭steve_r

Really looking forward to this.

There's a new podcast out by one of the creators of Night Vale which features John.

It's called "I only listen to the mountain goats". Season One covers the stories behind All Hail West Texas

http://www.nightvalepresents.com/ionlylistentothemountaingoats/

almost there

Nice little gig. Preferred the previous ones but loved hearing the stories. You Were Cool and Store were great to hear for the first time live.

• Advertisement

Yeah really enjoyed it. Out of curiosity I went back and had a look at the setlist for the Whelans gig last time out and it was very different.

It's class how big the back catalogue is, and how he mixes it up.

Loved the stories behind Heel turn 1 and Paid in Cocaine. Not a major fan of the Unicorn Tolerance song but the story made it more enjoyable.

The Young Thousands was a song I didn't really get before but hearing it live made me appreciate it

steve_r wrote: »
    Yeah really enjoyed it. Out of curiosity I went back and had a look at the setlist for the Whelans gig last time out and it was very different.

It's class how big the back catalogue is, and how he mixes it up.

Loved the stories behind Heel turn 1 and Paid in Cocaine. Not a major fan of the Unicorn Tolerance song but the story made it more enjoyable.

The Young Thousands was a song I didn't really get before but hearing it live made me appreciate it

Still waiting to hear Colour in your cheeks live. Some day.

Advertisement