Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roofing job

Options
  • 25-09-2017 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello all together,
    my name is Andreas. I'm writing from Germany. So please don't mind my english.
    My wife and myself own a small house in Kerry. It's a two storey terraced house with a base area of approx. 20 sqm with a ground floor extension to the rear of another 20 sqm. The house was built at the end of the 19th century with rubblestone wall of 550mm thickness. It has a double pitch roof with natural slates (probably still the original one). The roof has to be re-slated and probably the roof framework has to be replaced as well. The size of the roof is about 4,50m x 4,00m each site, all together something between 35-40 sqm. What do you think how much money we have to spend for re-roofing (felt, battens and slates) and how much would it be to replace the framework as well? Only the front wall is accessible for scaffolding. The specifications of the existing roof are:
    - roof dimensions: per side approx. 4,50m x 4,00m (together 35-40 sqm) 
    - rafters: quantity 24 dimensions approx. 100 x 75mm 
    - collar beams: quantity 12 dimensions approx. 100 x 75mm 
    - battens: quantity approx. 30 dimensions approx. 50 x 25mm 
    - wall plates: quantity 2 dimensions 4,50m x ? 
    - ridge beam: quantity 1 dimensions 4,50m x ? 
    - natural slades: quantity approx. 600 dimensions 600 x 300 or 500 x 300mm 
    - ridge capping: quantity approx. 10 dimensions approx. 450mm 
    - roof felt: no
    I hope I've used the right terms.
    Thanks a million in advance for your replies.
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement