Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strava for HRM?

Options
  • 24-09-2017 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hello all. Just wondering if anyone is using Strava on an iPhone as their heart rate monitor while riding and if so what is the best chest strap to use? Thks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 velogalway

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

velogalway wrote: »
    Bump

I'm not sure Strava will show live hr data from the app??
    I use a wahoo hr monitor which transmits both ant+ and Bluetooth (but I don't use phone as head unit i use a regular garmin).

For me to use the wahoo I'd have to use their app which syncs with strava after the workout.
    Marty.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 velogalway

martyc5674 wrote: »
    I'm not sure Strava will show live hr data from the app??
    I use a wahoo hr monitor which transmits both ant+ and Bluetooth (but I don't use phone as head unit i use a regular garmin).

For me to use the wahoo I'd have to use their app which syncs with strava after the workout.
    Marty.

Thks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Actually, just googled it.. you need to be a premium member for it to display live in the app.

For Premium members, we offer live stats for heart rate, cadence and power during recording. Once you have connected the sensors in the app's record settings, the live values will appear on the Strava record....,...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭Lt Dan

Quick question, I know that the good dedicated computers can be pricey, but, depends on what kid of ridding one does, they might be great to have, do those Strava apps on the mobile mess up the battery life of said eg 3-4 hours into cycling? Doesn't sound like you want to be on 10% and you are in the middle of know where and only half way home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

Wahoo tickr is bluetooth and Ant+ for HR. the Wahoo app shows you HR if you didnt want to use Strava only for recording the ride.
    Marreys ballinrobe sells afaik. 50 or 60 euro i think

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Lt Dan wrote: »
    Quick question, I know that the good dedicated computers can be pricey, but, depends on what kid of ridding one does, they might be great to have, do those Strava apps on the mobile mess up the battery life of said eg 3-4 hours into cycling? Doesn't sound like you want to be on 10% and you are in the middle of know where and only half way home

I've had strava on for 18 hours and still 20% on a motorola
    no screen on though

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭devonp

garmin 810 died just on leaving house....had my garmin HRM on, tried connecting to Strava iphone app...no luck ?? is it because HRM is old and only ANT+ on unit ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

devonp wrote: »
    garmin 810 died just on leaving house....had my garmin HRM on, tried connecting to Strava iphone app...no luck ?? is it because HRM is old and only ANT+ on unit ??
    wahoo tickr is bluetooth and works with phone. strava only reintroduced the HR feature the past few months AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

devonp wrote: »

Yes.

The current Garmin HRM supports both Bluetooth and ANT+

Apple, being Apple, don't support ANT+ (at least not on my ancient iPhone).

• Advertisement
Advertisement