Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Rang netflix - confirmed it we will get to watch discovery before america(kinda)

Options
  • 24-09-2017 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

so its airing at 7.30 pm central which is 00.30 here in ireland.
    Netflix told me since the site says Monday the 25th we will get it at 00.00
    (i seem to remember house of cards not coming out till noon though??)

I asked the rep can she be 100% sure and she said yes anything that gets released on netflix is be at midnight..

15 hours people!!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's a double episode, right? Not sure i should be staying awake till 2am on a school night....but i probably will :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Hope this is true. I think the norm for Netflix is to release new shows at midnight westcoast USA, which works out around 6am here (I think).

But Discovery isn't Netflix in USA, so maybe (hopefully) they've switched to a European midnight. Or the rep got their timezones confused :(?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

On Twitter Netflix has confirmed is 8am –

https://twitter.com/StarTrekNetflix/status/911288623663681536

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

ive rang them twice on the irish number and was told 100% midnight (i even recorded the phone call the 2nd time to prove to my mates i wasent lying)
    i invited two people who to my house for 10pm - might watch peacekeeper wars then if its not out at midnight.

i really thought we would get it at the same time as the states.
    that means absolutely no internet until tomorrow night then. i dont want to get spoiled and i dont want to watch it when the sun is out

edit: im angry though. we had over a decade of waiting more than 1 year for BBC or SKY to air the new eps (there was those two brief glitches where tng was on bbc first and that brief time season 6 of DS9 got released on VHS before sky) but we have always had to ****ing wait - yes i know its only an extra 8 hours this time but they could have easily done a release at the same time it aired or even delayed ours by 1 hour to account for the yanks adds and given it to us at 1am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

Slarkon wrote:
    ive rang them twice on the irish number and was told 100% midnight (i even recorded the phone call the 2nd time to prove to my mates i wasent lying)

Say your a hoot at parties!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Midnight on the west coast of America is 8 am here so I would guess the midnight they are talking about is the US one.

All Netflix customer services are based in the States even when you ring from the number given on the Irish page.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,572 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Did the one you were talking to sound American by any chance?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

lol yup but i clearly explained i was Ireland, then i explained briefly about the distribution agreement that it airs on TV in the US but was international on netflix, told her the US air time and asked would we get it at midnight the same time, she said all shows are midnight, i said ireland she said ye
    then i said but house of cards was noon or 10am i think and i just wanted to make sure (this was on the 2nd call) that it was in fact a mid night release
    she said 100% and the reason for the house of cards delayed for a few hours was a issue they needed to sort out specific to that show and that Star trek discovery would indeed be midnight in my region

so we just about to start peacekeeper wars and we will check just after 12 to see if by some miracle it is out :)
    Slarkon wrote: »
    Say your a hoot at parties!

as a teenager i might have exaggerated a few things so in our 20's at the odd session / party i might get called out on something (like my story about spray on displays's in a can being the future) and just encase someone called bull**** and that netflix didnt say midnight on the phone i rang back a 2nd time for a bit of proof
    I also wanted to check for myself as well because the guy i spoke to a few weeks back might have made a mistake (and the girl last night as well)- seems reasonable to me ?
    It took less than 5 min of my time which is more than i spent here so maybe i made a mistake posting about it though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭squonk

I suppose you’ll know in 20 minutes or so anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,670 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I'll watch it in the morning when I get up as working from home anyway so will stick on the first anyway before I fire up the laptop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭squonk

Tomorrow evening for me. I think I’ll watch The Orville and one of the really great TNG episodes as a lead in. Really it should be a TOS Episode that I watch but I Grew up in the TNG era. I might go for the inner light.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

its five minutes to midnight.....we shall soon see.

squonk wrote: »
    Tomorrow evening for me. I think I’ll watch The Orville and one of the really great TNG episodes as a lead in. Really it should be a TOS Episode that I watch but I Grew up in the TNG era. I might go for the inner light.

Im actually enjoying the Orville

no sign :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,670 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

no sign :(

They couldn't really release it 5-8 hours early than the US premiere.

It would be all over torrents by 2am and if it's not good would kill any hope of people paying to see it in the US

Netflix aren't that stupid

_Kaiser_ wrote: »

It would be all over torrents by 2am and if it's not good would kill any hope of people paying to see it in the US

Oh i know

but a man can dream

sugarman wrote: »
    They lie:(

A Romulan Plot

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

A Romulan Plot

A ploy to start a war! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Americans don't understand timezones.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭Evade

_Kaiser_ wrote: »

But midnight here is 8:00pm eastern US time so it would have already started in the US.

Technically it's not midnight GMT yet since we're still on Summer time so I'll wait until 1:00 to see if it's up

• Advertisement
Advertisement