Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jcb 3cx contractor no brakes

Options
  • 23-09-2017 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi folks,
    Recently purchased a 2008 3cx contractor, brakes have failed yesterday, pedal goes to floor, anything I should check before I go ripping into it on Monday,
    Thanks in advance.
    Mick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭emaherx

Cavanmick wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    Recently purchased a 2008 3cx contractor, brakes have failed yesterday, pedal goes to floor, anything I should check before I go ripping into it on Monday,
    Thanks in advance.
    Mick

A wet spot around master cylinder, slave cylinder or any brake lines. Sounds like brake fluid has escaped.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Cavanmick

emaherx wrote: »
    A wet spot around master cylinder, slave cylinder or any brake lines. Sounds like brake fluid has escaped.

Yeah I'm thinking that too, I haven't seen it yet, it's in my father's in Dublin, I'm just worried someone may have put dot 4 in it at some point and buggered all the seals.
    Cheers for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭emaherx

Cavanmick wrote: »
    Yeah I'm thinking that too, I haven't seen it yet, it's in my father's in Dublin, I'm just worried someone may have put dot 4 in it at some point and buggered all the seals.
    Cheers for the reply.

It's possible, but rebuild kits for master and slave cylinders are cheap. Hardest part is bleeding the system. Would recommend getting an easy bleed kit. I have one that uses air pressure from one of the tyres and really does make an easy job of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Cavanmick

emaherx wrote: »
    It's possible, but rebuild kits for master and slave cylinders are cheap. Hardest part is bleeding the system. Would recommend getting an easy bleed kit. I have one that uses air pressure from one of the tyres and really does make an easy job of it.
    Much appreciated buddy, I have a pressure bladder so that should sort out the bleeding side of it.
    Thanks again

Advertisement