Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for serious housemates in Cork City

Options
  • 23-09-2017 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hey guys,

My girlfriend and I have been having an awful time finding people to live with, so I'm turning to boards! We are both early twenties, work in retail, and are looking for a 2-3 bedroom house on the south side of Cork city to share with one other person or a couple.
    Our joint budget is about 1000-1200 per month, but we'd be happy to work something out for the right house.

We're happy to treat most of the house as a shared space, but we would like to rent a large double bedroom and a separate room elsewhere in the house to use as an art studio. I know that's quite specific, so we're happy to negotiate who should pay what percentage of rent based how much space we take up and how big the house is.

We're open-minded, creative, and easygoing - ideally we're hoping to connect with some fellow animal lovers so my partner's service dog could come and live with us, but we're aware we might not be able to swing that in the short-term.

PM me your number if any of this sounds like your jam, and we can talk :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭mikeecho

This has all the makings of a horror story :D

MV5BYjNmMTNjYzEtNGIzOC00ZDc2LWFjN2UtZTNmZjgxZDJkNzBlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjQ2MjQ5NzM@._V1_UY1200_CR97,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

Sorry, op, can't offer any advice., other than have u tried looking at the notice boards in Tesco /Dinner, local shops, perhaps even put an ad on one of those local notice boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

mikeecho wrote: »
    This has all the makings of a horror story :D

MV5BYjNmMTNjYzEtNGIzOC00ZDc2LWFjN2UtZTNmZjgxZDJkNzBlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjQ2MjQ5NzM@._V1_UY1200_CR97,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg
    In fairness, OP didn't say whether they would take pets, like the white lab puppy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

tbh, take what you can get in this climate

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Tom44

Ignore the idiots, boards attract keyboard warriors :confused:

Best of luck with you house hunt, maybe daft.ie could help ?

But with your combined budget you should have no problem getting somewhere and then looking to sublet.
    Get the house first and then it's easy to find tennant.
    Looking for a tennant to join house hunt is harder.

All the best
    Tom

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Hey guys,

My girlfriend and I have been having an awful time finding people to live with, so I'm turning to boards! We are both early twenties, work in retail, and are looking for a 2-3 bedroom house on the south side of Cork city to share with one other person or a couple.
    Our joint budget is about 1000-1200 per month, but we'd be happy to work something out for the right house.

We're happy to treat most of the house as a shared space, but we would like to rent a large double bedroom and a separate room elsewhere in the house to use as an art studio. I know that's quite specific, so we're happy to negotiate who should pay what percentage of rent based how much space we take up and how big the house is.

We're open-minded, creative, and easygoing - ideally we're hoping to connect with some fellow animal lovers so my partner's service dog could come and live with us, but we're aware we might not be able to swing that in the short-term.

PM me your number if any of this sounds like your jam, and we can talk :)

Wha?

• Advertisement
Advertisement