Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus flights changed by 4 hours

Options
  • 22-09-2017 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭

I booked flights next April/May to Faro with Aer Lingus yesterday afternoon. The flights were due to arrive in Faro just after 6 pm and arrive home in Dublin at 21:45. I got an email this evening telling me that the times have been changed to arriving in Faro at 22:05 and arriving back in Dublin at 1:35 am.

These are far less suitable than the previous times. The email gives me an 1890 number to call if the change is more than two hours. Before I call them, I would like to know what my rights/options are in this situation.

I know I could probably look this up, but I was hoping that one of the experts on this forum could give me a quick summary.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

With that much notice, effectively none. You can cancel for a full refund or take the new times.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Or they will transfer you onto another same route flight if it suits, I had that before.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭abff

L1011 wrote: »
    With that much notice, effectively none. You can cancel for a full refund or take the new times.

Very annoying. Their website doesn't even shown the later flight out and there is an earlier flight home that is closer in time to my previously booked flight, but is more expensive than the price I paid, but the same price as the flight I have been offered.

Do I have the right to choose this earlier flight without paying extra if it suits me better than what I've been offered?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

abff wrote: »
    Very annoying. There website doesn't even shown the later flight out and there is an earlier flight home that is closer in time to my previously booked flight, but is more expensive than the price I paid, but the same price as the flight I have been offered.

Do I have the right to choose this earlier flight without paying extra if it suits me better than what I've been offered?

Right? Not really

They are likely to let you have it if you phone them though. Try 018868989 if you don't want an 1890; dunno if it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,674 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

There will be at least 2-3 flights a day, get them to move you to a different one or request a refund. As the change is more than 2 hours you will get a refund if you want.

It looks like they have just automatically moved you to the lather flight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭abff

Thanks folks. I called them and they have changed us to more suitable flights. Flight out is still over two hours later than originally booked, but nearly two hours earlier than the alternative I was offered yesterday.

Thanks for the 01 number. I wish I'd seen your post before I called them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,573 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

A good rule of thumb to remember is that airline timetables change on the last full weekend in March and October.

The flights from the end of March 2018 onwards are still guide times as the summer 2018 timetable has yet to be finalised at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Same thing happened to me when I went to Faro last summer.

Booked flights October 2015 and they moved the flight times twice before we went.

Originally booked the 3pm, then it changed to 10am and finally to 1.25pm.

Kind of frustrating as you panic every time the mail comes in!

Advertisement