Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CBR 600 Trackbike

Options
  • 22-09-2017 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

Hi folks. So I recently got my hands on I think a 98 year CBR 600 and I plan I getting it track ready for next spring to give mondello a go. I am not the most mechanicly minded person. But what to try this for the challenge.. I don't plan on being the quickest on track just getting around having a bit of fun will do me.
    The catch is She hasn't been started for a year and half id say. Would I need to drain the petrol from her? Would it be gone bad?
    I checked the oil and it's not even black? It was serviced before being parked up and was well enough looked after. It isn't starting so I have taken the battery out and put it charging but it's saying the battery is full? Could the battery still be fine after being parked up for so long?

Where should I look next if battery is fine?
    There is no sign of life when you turn the key?

The brake fluid smells so I'm going to change that and the brake pads?! And maybe drain the coolant too. Anything else could i do??.. thanks for qny help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Could have carb icing if the bowls weren't drained so they will need to be cleaned

Check fuses they could have pulled fuses to stop it getting robbed or something.. Could be an easy fix.

Was it a track bike already? Someone could have a different loom on it or a kill switch.. Maybe try a known good battery before doing any messing

Bleed brakes but keep the pads if they have any life.. You want to be able to test ride it without having to bed in new pads at the same time as everything else

How long did it sit with that oil? If it's recent you're grand

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Icelandicseige

Could have carb icing if the bowls weren't drained so they will need to be cleaned

Check fuses they could have pulled fuses to stop it getting robbed or something.. Could be an easy fix.

Was it a track bike already? Someone could have a different loom on it or a kill switch.. Maybe try a known good battery before doing any messing

Bleed brakes but keep the pads if they have any life.. You want to be able to test ride it without having to bed in new pads at the same time as everything else

How long did it sit with that oil? If it's recent

There's a pull chord for the choke? other than that I'm not sure... Ye was a Trackbike already. It's bein sitting up for a year and a half but was serviced by looks of the oil that's in it before it was parked up!

Advertisement